The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we expecting a billionaire to grovel to us lot or something ?

If you compare our the club to some modern organisation like Apple or Meta, the CEO would be the one laying out strategy, giving major announcements, etc.

Not the major shareholder, surely. Football is just a bit weird.

Exactly. so why is his sentiment toward Ukraine questionable because of where he earned his money? Moshiri didn't make any money off the back of Ukranian's suffering
He was Usmanov’s accountant and close business partner. His personal wealth is derived from that source.
Usmanov was specifically named by the UN as a Putin ally and a key enabler of the illegal Russian seizure of the Crimea.
So ,yeah, he has made money from Ukraine’s suffering.

He was Usmanov’s accountant and close business partner. His personal wealth is derived from that source.
Usmanov was specifically named by the UN as a Putin ally and a key enabler of the illegal Russian seizure of the Crimea.
So ,yeah, he has made money from Ukraine’s suffering.
If you worked closely with someone, who was an ally of a third party who mugged a 4th party, would you be guilty of profiting from the 4th party's loss?
His personal wealth is derived from the work he has done on behalf of Usmanov and his own investments surely
Moshiri is not directly linked to Putin and therefore not responsible for anything he does and it is ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
If he were, he'd be playing a very stupid and dangerous game calling him out like he has wouldn't he?

Hopefully the ground gets built and a more competent individual/consortium buys us - don’t feel like this guy is ever going to really learn - I might have my timelines wrong but didn’t we appoint to all these posts prior to the conclusion of this strategic review?

We wanted a statement and we got one
I mean its a load of words that dont say anything really apart from shiny new stadium.

I wish people would stop thinking this is going to be the saving grace of this club it wont!

The people driving the business are not fit for purpose so if we generate more revenue from the new ground it just means we piss more money up the wall by the clowns at boardroom level.

Hopefully the ground gets built and a more competent individual/consortium buys us - don’t feel like this guy is ever going to really learn - I might have my timelines wrong but didn’t we appoint to all these posts prior to the conclusion of this strategic review?
Who knows, the whole review has been carried out away from the public gaze.

Maybe it was done in stages and changes where put in place at the end of that particular part of the review?

Ideally, you'd wait for a review to be concluded and look at the overall picture. In this case, if they did act early (Appointment of Thelwell, Binning off Unsworth and splitting role as two examples) I can understand why.

Obviously, plenty more needs to change.
The people driving the business are not fit for purpose so if we generate more revenue from the new ground it just means we piss more money up the wall by the clowns at boardroom level.
And that's the acid test.

Our majority shareholder has admitted mistakes have been made. Whilst he didn't name himself, Kenwright and DBB (all responsible) he didn't sing their praises as he did in January.

I'll cling onto that as baby steps in the right direction.

We wanted a statement and we got one
I mean its a load of words that dont say anything really apart from shiny new stadium.

I wish people would stop thinking this is going to be the saving grace of this club it wont!

It is the saving grace though. If we stayed at Goodison another 10-20 years (at least) while every one of our peers built/upgraded theirs we could easily find ourselves slipping down the table and owners that we should be courting going to clubs like Villa/Wolves/Forest/Leeds where they don't need to plough hundreds of millions into infrastructure even before thinking about the team.

Someone had to do this for the sake of the club, does that mean he should get a free ride due to the mistakes in other areas? No. But people who want to drive him out are bonkers and are effectively as bad as kopites as they'll quite happily see us in the dustbin.

Status
Not open for further replies.