The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mention him though.

I haven't hitched my wagon to them either. I'm really skeptical about them and would prefer we don't have people linked to far right nutjobs as owners.

I also believe moshiri is crap at running a football club.

I'd prefer neither of them to be honest and I'm hopeful one of the supposedly interested 'other groups' is a better option.

It must hurt you that @Saint Domingo has thrown his backing behind Frank.

Tbf I shouldn't have put you in the aforementioned camp.

I don't take issue with someone wanting this group to buy out Moshiri - thats fair enough and we know which posters want that to happen - but just own it and have conviction to stand by it instead of sitting on the fence incase it goes awfully wrong and you aint "cool" anymore.

Tbf I shouldn't have put you in the aforementioned camp.

I don't take issue with someone wanting this group to buy out Moshiri - thats fair enough and we know which posters want that to happen - but just own it and have conviction to stand by it instead of sitting on the fence incase it goes awfully wrong and you aint "cool" anymore.
At the end of the day, we need a new owner. Moshiri has shown he can't do it and has failed in his running of the club to the point we were a game and a half away from being relegated.

Thanks to him for getting the stadium started but that's what his sole focus should have been while letting football people deal with the football things.

Is this group going to be any better? Who knows. We will probably be ran more efficiently, but that might be in a Mike Ashley style, or might be asset stripped to the hilt, or we could all be wrong and they get us competing again.

I fully understand why people would rather roll the dice on it though, last season was grim. At the end of the day, the majority of football owners are dodgy and it's either to make profit, or its a play thing for them. Nearly none of them actually care about the fans though, not really.

I didn't mention him though.

I haven't hitched my wagon to them either. I'm really skeptical about them and would prefer we don't have people linked to far right nutjobs as owners.

I also believe moshiri is crap at running a football club.

I'd prefer neither of them to be honest and I'm hopeful one of the supposedly interested 'other groups' is a better option.

It must hurt you that @Saint Domingo has thrown his backing behind Frank.

As a fanbase we all need to be behind Frank now. The managerial disruption amongst other factors has killed us over the last 5 or 6 years. A takeover looks inevitable now but I am really hoping they allow Lamaord and Thelwell to carry on, we have to have continuity otherwise we will be in this position again having wasted yet more money.

At the end of the day, we need a new owner. Moshiri has shown he can't do it and has failed in his running of the club to the point we were a game and a half away from being relegated.

Thanks to him for getting the stadium started but that's what his sole focus should have been while letting football people deal with the football things.

Is this group going to be any better? Who knows. We will probably be ran more efficiently, but that might be in a Mike Ashley style, or might be asset stripped to the hilt, or we could all be wrong and they get us competing again.

I fully understand why people would rather roll the dice on it though, last season was grim. At the end of the day, the majority of football owners are dodgy and it's either to make profit, or its a play thing for them. Nearly none of them actually care about the fans though, not really.

Exactly. I don’t understand this “pick a side and stick to it NOW and stop fence sitting!!” bizarre train of thought, when in reality absolutely none of us know how this is going to turn out. And that includes the people sat there going “terrifying this, these fella are skint, they have no plans for the club, they’re asset stripping us”.

What is certain and has observable facts to back it up though, is that we have been on a consistent downward trajectory under our current owner. I’m allowed to make declarative statements about how badly Moshiri has run this club, it has evidence to back it up. I do want anyone other than Moshiri in control of our club at this point, because he is certain failure and everything else is the unknown. I’ll take my chances because I stick by what I said last summer, we are getting relegated under Moshiri if he’s allowed another 2-3 years.

If Moshiri goes he goes - but for me it has to be to the right type of buyer.

Someone filthy rich where we know were the funds are coming from / know that the clubs in safe financial hands and will have backing available to push the club on

Or

Someone/a group of highly successful individuals with a track record of success in owning/running sports clubs/franchises.

These guys are neither so whilst Someone is perfectly entitled to want us to still "roll the dice" I think they are letting their hatred of Moshers get in the way of looking at what we know about these cats objectively.

As you've seen with the Glazers - doesn't matter how much you protest against these Yank owners they don't care when they are sat in their Arizona Ranch counting their profits whilst the club stagnates on and off the field. Once their feet are under the table thats it for the next 15-20 years.

The club/fans have to get this right.

Some stuff on twitter suggesting that Kenwright is trying his upmost to stay on but the new lot would like to do a clean sweep and replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.