The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sheets are firmly dry until the windows end mate.

Lets see what happens as sounds like a lot of ins and oots still to happen !
I don't care about sheets if you are implying I'm panicking damn right I am, we can't keep going into games with no forward it's insanity. You need more than one forward up to standard of a league you need three or four forwards who contribute goals or assists otherwise we are in a relegation battle agaIn.

I don't care about sheets we can't keep going into games with no forward it's insanity

Got to just wait and see mate.

Crying about it online isn't going to change anything.

I would rather the club sacrifice the first 2-3 games if needed to bring in the managers main option and have a good rest of the season than panic and sign a Cenk Toshun and sacrifice all 38 games.

I would rather the club sacrifice the first 2-3 games if needed to bring in the managers main option and have a good rest of the season than panic and sign a Cenk Toshun and sacrifice all 38 games.
So it's okay to lose 6 maybe 9 points ??
Why the hell wasn't another striker signed early in the window - we've known for two years that unless we got into Europe we'd lose Richarlison !!!

Failure to plan inevitably leads to failure being the result.

But it's not the fist two or three games is it? It's likely going to be the entire month the way this club works and the likelihood is we are waiting on Chelsea to do business to allow Broja out, we should have added a forward before now. And yes don't panic buy but they've had most of two months to bring someone in after Richy went and probably a year since they knew he was off. That's plenty of time to identify and secure a target. There's not panicking and there's complete inaction. If I can't express frustration with this clubs constant mismanagement on a football club forum then what else is it for?

But it's not the fist two or three games is it? It's likely going to be the entire month the way this club works and the likelihood is we are waiting on Chelsea to do business to allow Broja out, we should have added a forward before now. And yes don't panic buy but they've had most of two months to bring someone in after Richy went and probably a year since they knew he was off. That's plenty of time to identify and secure a target. There's not panicking and there's complete inaction. If I can't express frustration with this clubs constant mismanagement on a football club forum then what else is it for?

But this is the issue - we're in a period of a rebuild under a new DOF and manager but you're judging them unfairly based on the recruitment mess of the last 5-6 seasons.

The squad is garbage mate, hogwash, rubbish - we needed about 8-10 signings on July 1st - that was never going to be solved by the Chelsea game it just wasn't. Most clubs haven't finished their business yet.

Yes we sold Richarlison but that largely was to cover losses - it didn't allow Thelwell to go throw £40 million on a top CF on 150k a week.

Its not ideal mate but fans need to have patience and realise Rome wasn't built in a day look at Arsenal under Arteta.

Fans can either get behind the DOF/manager or continue the instability of the last few years of in house fighting and protests because we aint going from 16th to 6th in one summer.

If DCL had stayed fit no one would be fuming thats the issue - Newcastle are mega rich with no FFP worries yet they are a Callum Wilson injury away from being in our position because they haven't yet signed a CF.

Its not as easy as FIFA.

But this is the issue - we're in a period of a rebuild under a new DOF and manager but you're judging them unfairly based on the recruitment mess of the last 5-6 seasons.

The squad is garbage mate, hogwash, rubbish - we needed about 8-10 signings on July 1st - that was never going to be solved by the Chelsea game it just wasn't. Most clubs haven't finished their business yet.

Yes we sold Richarlison but that largely was to cover losses - it didn't allow Thelwell to go throw £40 million on a top CF on 150k a week.

Its not ideal mate but fans need to have patience and realise Rome wasn't built in a day look at Arsenal under Arteta.

Fans can either get behind the DOF/manager or continue the instability of the last few years of in house fighting and protests because we aint going from 16th to 6th in one summer.

If DCL had stayed fit no one would be fuming thats the issue - Newcastle are mega rich with no FFP worries yet they are a Callum Wilson injury away from being in our position because they haven't yet signed a CF.

Its not as easy as FIFA.
Perhaps you might give that something of a rethink in the light of Forest moving very quickly and signing 14 players before the start of the season !!

Perhaps you might give that something of a rethink in the light of Forest moving very quickly and signing 14 players before the start of the season !!

Forest have no P&S issues and half their signings our fans would have been crying about - Jesse Lingard on 200k a week being one of them.

Who knows what standard of player they have signed though. Bums on seats is easy. We’ve filled our boots with poor players on big wages and it destroyed us. What we need is good players on lower wages, a far harder proposition.

Forest have no P&S issues and half their signings our fans would have been crying about - Jesse Lingard on 200k a week being one of them.
And if we weren't run and hadn't been run like a circus for almost the entirety of the Moshiri era, we wouldn't have P&S issues.
The bottom line is that practically all our transfer activity since he arrived has been chaotic since he arrived, and he's allowed stupid spending and stupid wages to put us in this position.

Who knows what standard of player they have signed though. Bums on seats is easy. We’ve filled our boots with poor players on big wages and it destroyed us. What we need is good players on lower wages, a far harder proposition.
We might find put on Saturday.

And if we weren't run and hadn't been run like a circus for almost the entirety of the Moshiri era, we wouldn't have P&S issues.
The bottom line is that practically all our transfer activity since he arrived has been chaotic since he arrived, and he's allowed stupid spending and stupid wages to put us in this position.

But thats nothing to do with Thelwell mate so why are people moaning about the rebuild process thats severely needed as if he has a magic wand ?

Status
Not open for further replies.