The Evertonian Guide to Bern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking that the Supersaver train tickets from Zurich to Bern will be available on Thursday?

It looks like that's the case....i checked for thurs 12th feb today (just to see if they are a myth) and there was some Supersavers showing up (geneva>bern) at 25 CHF each way (half price), for all train times as well, so looks promising.. ...doesn't have any showing for geneva airport>bern though (which is what i'd been searching for), so not sure if they just don't offer them from airport stations?

It looks like that's the case....i checked for thurs 12th feb today (just to see if they are a myth) and there was some Supersavers showing up (geneva>bern) at 25 CHF each way (half price), for all train times as well, so looks promising.. ...doesn't have any showing for geneva airport>bern though (which is what i'd been searching for), so not sure if they just don't offer them from airport stations?
There's a free ticket valid for 80mins located somewhere in the airport should get you to geneva

Last edited:

Yeah i think you're right I can't see any for the airport either and I think geneva train station is a fair distance which if you're only getting to Geneva Thursday afternoon like me is no good really, full price it is then.

Presume we can just buy Geneva>Bern supersavers (if available thurs) in advance and then buy an airport>Geneva on the day...think the train from airport goes thru Geneva and onto Bern, so assuming we get on the right (booked) one, won't need to change.

I'm hoping to get the 2.36pm one.

Y
Presume we can just buy Geneva>Bern supersavers (if available thurs) in advance and then buy an airport>Geneva on the day...think the train from airport goes thru Geneva and onto Bern, so assuming we get on the right (booked) one, won't need to change.

I'm hoping to get the 2.36pm one.
Yeah you're right if you just put Geneva airport- Geneva the same time train comes up 2.36, are you flying in from Newcastle by any chance landing at 1355

Y

Yeah you're right if you just put Geneva airport- Geneva the same time train comes up 2.36, are you flying in from Newcastle by any chance landing at 1355

Yep, likely see you in the airport supermarket rushing to get the ale in ;)

Yep, likely see you in the airport supermarket rushing to get the ale in ;)
Gonna get ours from Newcastle airport I reckon, you can have a little cheeky one on the plane that way, do you think 40 mins will be enough time to get through the airport checks and on the train?

Gonna get ours from Newcastle airport I reckon, you can have a little cheeky one on the plane that way, do you think 40 mins will be enough time to get through the airport checks and on the train?

Hope so...just a passport check, so shouldn't take too long. Don't want to get the 3pm, leaves us short of time at the carnival

I think it's oversubscribed, because there's probably a demand of 5,000, but cause there aren't that many ways to get there (13 hour drive, if you're brave, and don't stop), or over £200 to fly from Manchester/Newcastle/Leeds, or less if you're willing to do 200+Miles down to london, like myself, even then, my full milage will be. 630miles before i include Airtime, so it's not an easy trip to make, unlike Germany where you could fly seemingly anywhere within a 100 miles radius for buttons.

So i can see why people would definitely do the club trip. Plus it's no hassle whatsoever, just a rip off sadly!
I think it's oversubscribed as they were only offering one hotel in with the accommodation, Thomas Crook = P*ss up & brewery come to mind
http://www.which.co.uk/news/2013/10/thomas-cook-football-packages-shown-yellow-card-338564/

Hope so...just a passport check, so shouldn't take too long. Don't want to get the 3pm, leaves us short of time at the carnival
2 more of us on that flight from Newcastle. Looking forward too it.

Am I right to just book the Geneva - Bern train then? And get Airport - Geneva on the day. it's all one train anyway isn't it? Don't have to get off in Geneva do we?

2 more of us on that flight from Newcastle. Looking forward too it.

Am I right to just book the Geneva - Bern train then? And get Airport - Geneva on the day. it's all one train anyway isn't it? Don't have to get off in Geneva do we?

Don't think we have to change at Geneva. That's what I plan to do.....but i'm no expert in Swiss rail travel, so don't blame me if it all goes to sh1t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back