The first 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
Ive seen a huge number of posts slating Silva / Brands / Moshiri tonight.

Heres my take on the first 11 based on Brands/Silva signings when all are fit;

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gbamin Gomes
Iwobi
Richarlison Kean Bernard

Some questions:

1 -- Which of our other squad players should be in that first 11? The only one i can think of is Sidibe but weve not seen enough of him yet.

2 -- We have both of our centre midfielders out, how many teams outside of the top 6 can cope with that?

3 -- Which of our squad players can come on and make an impact off the bench?

4 -- Alot of posts about not attacking through the middle. Is that not because we have a weak centre midfield without the two first choice players?

I know its boring, and its like playing a song on repeat but the fact is that were only two summers into the new regime and have shifted and brought in a huge number of players so far.

It seems to be a gradual process to me and by my calculations we only spent around £30mil in the summer.

There are still a number of players on the books who need to be shifted (even those currently on loan) and were yet to see the results of the rebuild.

Ive thought since last summer that 2020/2021 is the season that i think things will start taking shape as thats when we will see the results of 3 summers rebuild -- which i think most of us agreed was required when Brands came in.

Im not sure how many more players Brands could have signed/sold (hes done a huge amount already) or what tactics Silva could change with the players fit on a weekly basis (no quality depth).

I think we just need to be patient and trust the process.

...he has his detractors, which is understandable but dropping DCL for Kean didn’t make much difference today. Perhaps a DCL is an option in your starting X1.

From the 1st eleven i listed above, are there any other players you think should be in that team?

Also, with the two CMs out who would you play?

Coleman can’t be a starter. Awful nowadays.

Sidibe was looking good in 2016/17 but since then im not sure if hes been great.

The rest of the first 11 has seen signings as replacements aside from Pickford/Keane/Coleman

Its a process and i think were still yet to see 4 or 5 more signings to complete the initial squad rebuild.

Ive seen a huge number of posts slating Silva / Brands / Moshiri tonight.

Heres my take on the first 11 based on Brands/Silva signings when all are fit;

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gbamin Gomes
Iwobi
Richarlison Kean Bernard

Some questions:

1 -- Which of our other squad players should be in that first 11? The only one i can think of is Sidibe but weve not seen enough of him yet.

2 -- We have both of our centre midfielders out, how many teams outside of the top 6 can cope with that?

3 -- Which of our squad players can come on and make an impact off the bench?

4 -- Alot of posts about not attacking through the middle. Is that not because we have a weak centre midfield without the two first choice players?

I know its boring, and its like playing a song on repeat but the fact is that were only two summers into the new regime and have shifted and brought in a huge number of players so far.

It seems to be a gradual process to me and by my calculations we only spent around £30mil in the summer.

There are still a number of players on the books who need to be shifted (even those currently on loan) and were yet to see the results of the rebuild.

Ive thought since last summer that 2020/2021 is the season that i think things will start taking shape as thats when we will see the results of 3 summers rebuild -- which i think most of us agreed was required when Brands came in.

Im not sure how many more players Brands could have signed/sold (hes done a huge amount already) or what tactics Silva could change with the players fit on a weekly basis (no quality depth).

I think we just need to be patient and trust the process.

Last week Bournemouth schooled us with a midfield of a loanee kid from Liverpool, Philip Billing and Lewis Cook

If we can't be at the very least competitive with that (even with our 2 best midfielders injured) we may as well

A) Fold our academy
B) Never give any credence to our scouting network
C) Never allow Marcel Brands or Marco Silva access to the club chequebook

Davies needs a fair shout. He can't be any worse than our other midfielders can he?

Davies runs around alot...beyond that what are his strengths?

Last week Bournemouth schooled us with a midfield of a loanee kid from Liverpool, Philip Billing and Lewis Cook

If we can't be at the very least competitive with that (even with our 2 best midfielders injured) we may as well

A) Fold our academy
B) Never give any credence to our scouting network
C) Never allow Marcel Brands or Marco Silva access to the club chequebook

Billing was far and away huddersfields best player last season. Hes a big unit and has more athleticism and desire than our very own Morgan Schneiderlin.

Lewis Cook is a quality player imo.

Those two vs Morgan and Delph...no contest.

I'm tired of the same formation and luckily we don't have 3 attacking midfield/wingers that deserve to start at this point so we can easily drop one out and not miss someone who is performing well. I also see no reason to subject ourselves to 20 more misplaced crosses from Seamus so I'm hoping we see Sidibe given a shot.

Anyway I'd go for this:

Pickford
Sidibe Keane MIna Digne
Schneiderlin
Gomes Delph
Richarlison Kean Iwobi
Once Gbamin gets back he can maybe replace Schneiderlin but I honestly believe that set up might suit Morgan enough to keep him around. Hard to say really. Maybe Gylfi can prove useful in the spots Delph and Gomes are at but I doubt it. The key though is to get the wingers working inside some so that we can actually attack with something other than crosses from time to time. I doubt we will ever see this.

i would have started both dcl and kean today dropped sig back into cm with delph, brands and silva must take the blame with players available the defence needs to addressed solva sets the team up for defending corners ect i do blame brands for the lack of options at cb. Also we need different options at cm as all are players are too similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.