What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
They don't exist though. That's the issue. Unless it's Saudi oil money we're only left with billionaires who will do the same thing - leverage, loan, remortgage.

No one is willing to drop circa £600mill straight up just to buy and clear debt. It's always been the issue.
Friedkin 'didn't exist' a few months back...or the other parties interested at that time.

TFG had to pay off MSP with immediate effect due to the structure of that deal, but either didn't have or didn't want to stump up enough to also clear the 777 debt.

The risk with the 777 debt is a court's involvement. A-Cap will of course push for the highest possible valuation on 777's debt, but even if the parties agree to something the court might set it aside and apply its own figures. That's the morass TFG doesn't want to risk getting sucked into.

Until there's some clarity on that front, it will be difficult to transact a sale. Moshiri has, in essence, screwed himself. Every day racks up further interest charges that will just diminish what he can recover from his mismanagement.

The Athletic stating he was "hoping" to recoup £50m on his deal.

Blimey, what a shocker of a businessman he is.

Good insight, thanks Mate.

1721390060670.webp

Nah, not for me.

What I can make out and I'm sure others have, the ground is paid for hopefully, but Laing O' Rourke's were never paying for the internals of the ground, it was stated recently they Everton were paying for that separately and also the Everton Stones at the front of the South Stand. Don't know if the cost of paying the stones, but I'm sure the internals were estimated at £70m, though that does seem a bit steep to me and if true, could well be downscaled a bit. Y' know Everton way to Everton Blue Dragon.

In Layman’s terms;

Everton owe 777 $200m.

777 owe A-CAP* $200m, funnelled through a bond called ‘777-600’.

A-CAP have sold the bond ‘777-600’ to JPMorgan for $88.5m.

Therefore, indirectly, Everton will now owe JPMorgan $200m.

JPMorgan could at any moment call that loan in, meaning whoever owns Everton will need to have $200m cash to pay this should JPMorgan demand it to be paid.

Unless Moshiri uses his own personal funds to pay the bill, asset stripping/administration would be likely.

*A-CAP were found to be almost the sole providers of funding for 777. American courts in Utah and South Carolina ordered a reduction in this funding due to conflict of interest, hence the quick dumping of the bond ‘777-600’ for a hefty loss.
Can JP Morgan not just buy the whole club, save all this hassle for everyone... then pump their trillions into us

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back