What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
The injunction to freeze the use of any of the 777/ACAP assets was only made 10th of July, Friedkin pulled out on the 17th, it was announced on the 19th.

In response to people saying surely they knew the situation with the debt - yes they did, its not the finances that are the problem here in the main its the legalities.
Ah! Thought it was earlier than that which is why i was puzzled they had entered into exclusivity if that was already common knowledge.

Not really going to be much mileage left in this in the short-term, unless there is some unexpected development, good or bad.

The timescale for the legal issues to be resolved could stretch into years, so we'll just have to put our helmets on and hunker down again.

This is going to be difficult. We've have enough uncertainty, and now it seems we have more of it and maybe for a protracted period of time.

I used to think that if we got to play in the new stadium with our PL status intact then we could start to look up but who knows how long new ownership will now take.

Ah! Thought it was earlier than that which is why i was puzzled they had entered into exclusivity if that was already common knowledge.

Further implications as well mate, they were hoping for a hair cut on the debt and capitalise on Acaps difficulty, 25 pence on the pound.

Additionaly there is a fear of the current Cival case turning into a criminal one and potentially Everton getting mixed up in with the loan viewed as proceeds of crime - none of that has happened as yet, but the risk and the above was enough to make them walk away!

Further implications as well mate, they were hoping for a hair cut on the debt and capitalise on Acaps difficulty, 25 pence on the pound.

Additionaly there is a fear of the current Cival case turning into a criminal one and potentially Everton getting mixed up in with the loan viewed as proceeds of crime - none of that has happened as yet, but the risk and the above was enough to make them walk away!
That's what happens if the Mosh dealt with well known crooks ....

My latest theory is that Moshiri has no intention of selling, at least not until the stadium is complete and possibly generating revenue. He has no interest in walking away and having his legs broken by Usmanov, and his only play is to keep getting more people involved in making loans and paying off debt in exchange for a piece of the pie, to avoid administration and survive long enough to cash in when the pile is bigger.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back