Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
/Sigh.

A lot of this;

... Unlike 777, they have the credentials worthy of "well, lets see..."

Actions > words.

Pointless being so entrenched in a view right now. Open minds - wait and see.

EXACTLY this.

I hate the phrases "give them a chance" and/or people screaming "have a day off" etc

Actions are what counts. Words mean absolutely nothing, alone.

After 30 years of false promises you would have thought people would have learnt this by now.

My conscience is clear there. No one worked as hard as me to get him out in the last three years. I've also actively fought the historical revisionism that his minions tried to impose on us all since Q3 2023

He was TERRIBLE for the club and there was a campaign waged to mislead people by his minions for a very very long time

C’mon

Rumor has it you did the eulogy at his funeral followed by a moving rendition of Elton John’s Good bye England’s rose

Just checked - his ban lifts tomorrow. Can't wait for his next update...

I was gonna give you a sneak preview of his next update but... :lol:

Untitled.webp

Football is really reactive, fickle and short term.

But I feel like I'm not really gonna be able to judge the new ownership for at least 2-3 years, because they're going to spend most of that time fixing this absolute mess of club.

Like sure if they do some crazy stuff like drop 200mil in January then it'll be easier to judge them, but I feel like all the indications/common sense is that the main objective will be modestly strengthening to make us consistently top 12, bring in lucrative sponsorships and trade our players for high fees. That's going to take 2-3 years.

That's just to build a foundation, then the expectations change and we show more ambition to push towards the top.

They've gone from CL qualifiers under the previous regime to one where they finish 6th and 7th. And now they're losing interest in funding Roma's team with cash signings and are encouraging a moneyball approach.

Who knows, they could be preparing to ditch Roma for Everton...but what if they then ditch Everton for the next opportunity 4 years down the line?
Just ignoring that in the 2 seasons before TFG took over they had finished 6th and 5th and only a few years earlier been punished for FFP?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back