What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 239 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
All clubs that have built new stadiums are/were in debt.

The proof is in the pudding - Moshiri paid around £200m for the club in 2016 and is selling it for £550m in 2024. Nearly treble the price.

The sale price includes debts being paid and the payment for the completion of the stadium.

The reports are suggesting that moshiri will be lucky to make out with £50m from this deal.

He is very much not making any form of profit off the sale of Everton football club. Its more like it juat wont cost him any more

Im on your side here Dave. Everyone was made up he bought the club at the time. Chanting “we’re effing rich” at the match.

Some people choose not to learn a lesson. They prefer to live in some Pollyanna existence where bad things cant happen twice... 🤷‍♂️

Everyone should be excited by this takeover. If you aren't then what's the point in supporting a football club if all it does is bring misery?

That optimism shouldn't mean we go running around saying we are rich or we're going to take the city etc. like some did last time. That was all cringe and ultimately backfired. We just have to have that inner belief that if we are well run and do the right things, eventually we will have something tangible to show for our support in terms of a trophy or two. We also shouldn't go to bits if it doesn't work out as we have to all understand trying to beat the teams ahead of us is a very difficult task.

Save the worries for when there is something to worry about, like what we've gone through the last 3 or so seasons. Until then it looks like we will owe at max 400 million for a stadium that would cost over a billion if started today. We no longer have to think about a 3rd party owning it and more of that income is going to be flowing back into the team.

I partly agree. Let's see what the details are behind their association with Everton. However, what we do KNOW already is that they'll have us as part of a number of clubs in a multi-club portfolio of interest. Well, I for one oppose that as it strikes at our singular identity.

That is from "Gruppo Quadraro". The smartest fans. Many others are owners fans, they are fascinated by the figure of a billionaire making money on them and they defend him while he is making money on them. They have loved even Pallotta 0 titles in 13 years. The problem is Friedkin are in football to make money, not to win. They buy clubs in financial problems to maximize the gain. Being Everton a historic premier league club it could aspire to some arabs like Newcastle or like Chelsea, Liverpool style of owners who want to win. Friedkin at least in Rome is hidden behind financial fair play which is easily circumvented by external sponsorship if you want to spend and win.

'Owners fans'. I like that description. It fits a few of our own at Everton. There's always a split between those fans who will guard a club's best interests and won't be seduced by owners and their words; and those fans who are only too willing to hand a blank cheque to a new owner and hope for the best.

What's shocking to me is that we have so many fans who reside in the latter category, despite still living through the nightmare of our last 'fantastic' owner.

You seem to now think the Premier League is the be all and end all, yet when Martinez was here you said many times that you couldn’t care less if we finished 5th or 17th as long as we had a cup run.

It always has been the be all and end all. When have I ever said the PL is less important than cup competitions? The point about RM's cup record here was that it offset all those people slaughtering him over his last 2 season's worth of mid table finishes.

Same in Serie A; the Pellotta ownerships securing of 5 CL qualifications in a row FAR exceeds in importance their European runs in the last two seasons under TFG.

Some people choose not to learn a lesson. They prefer to live in some Pollyanna existence where bad things cant happen twice... 🤷‍♂️

I partly agree. Let's see what the details are behind their association with Everton. However, what we do KNOW already is that they'll have us as part of a number of clubs in a multi-club portfolio of interest. Well, I for one oppose that as it strikes at our singular identity.

'Owners fans'. I like that description. It fits a few of our own at Everton. There's always a split between those fans who will guard a club's best interests and won't be seduced by owners and their words; and those fans who are only too willing to hand a blank cheque to a new owner and hope for the best.

What's shocking to me is that we have so many fans who reside in the latter category, despite still living through the nightmare of our last 'fantastic' owner.

It always has been the be all and end all. When have I ever said the PL is less important than cup competitions? The point about RM's cup record here was that it offset all those people slaughtering him over his last 2 season's worth of mid table finishes.

Same in Serie A; the Pellotta ownerships securing of 5 CL qualifications in a row FAR exceeds in importance their European runs in the last two seasons under TFG.

I think you know why I've shifted my entire approach to Everton Football Club, and that's why I'm never going to be popping champagne corks over Friedkin Group coming in

Them coming in only creates opportunities. We need to make the right decisions now. Plus going forward to take advantage of those opportunities.

I'll pop champagne corks when holding up trophies outside Goodison/Bramley Moore Dock

I'm also going to continue demanding the EFC AGMs return

1719160841503.png

I think you know why I've shifted my entire approach to Everton Football Club, and that's why I'm never going to be popping champagne corks over Friedkin Group coming in

Them coming in only creates opportunities. We need to make the right decisions now. Plus going forward to take advantage of those opportunities.

I'll pop champagne corks when holding up trophies outside Goodison/Bramley Moore Dock

I'm also going to continue demanding the EFC AGMs return

View attachment 261902
Remember when we had AGMs and they stopped Kenwright destroying the club for 30 years and they put a stop to The Kirkby Megadome?

No me neither.

Chocolate fireguard SA.

Remember when we had AGMs and they stopped Kenwright destroying the club for 30 years and they put a stop to The Kirkby Megadome?

No me neither.

Chocolate fireguard SA.

Your opinion Goat. Which I put alongside the hattrick scoring Naismith negative rating and the various other tosh you've chatted on here over many years.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back