What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
So what do we reckon the timeline is gonna be?

They need FCA approval, now considering 777 got it, that shouldnt be an issue.
Then they need PL approval, which again, shouldnt be an issue.
Then its a case of hoping the due diligence went ok and they sign the ting.

Wishful thinking we get this boxed off before 1st September?

FWIW there’s a guy named Ross on twitter saying Friedkin have already bailed on the due diligence. I guess the data room was in disarray?

I’m going to throw this out and not only to annoy Dave but also I’m fine if it does: Everton need American ownership.

Kenwright especially was so sucked into British classism that he could never imagine Everton being great. He was too willing to accept EFC being a few rungs down.

Moshiri lacked the spine (and cash) to oppose the expectations set for Everton.

The people of Liverpool are independent in a beautiful way and from my limited observation don’t bow to the class and patriarchy set before them but there simply hasn’t been any Scouse ownership ready to take the next step.

Now we’ll see if the Friedkin group has an appropriate vision and capacity to bring success back to the club but they’ll have one thing that comes easy to most Yanks: arrogance.

So here’s to these gun toting dangers telling off Masters and the press and especially that half wit owner of the Manchester club. They’ve met more than a handful of dim-witted oil barons and they sell better cars as well.

I dont want the owners to give us their full, undivided attention. I want them to hire the right people to give us their undivided attention and provide them with an environment to do their job effectively. We're just coming to the end of an owner giving us their attention....
Bang on, couldn't agree more. The one thing that has never been addressed is the culture at our Club. We are happy with our lot, happy to not compete and its ingrained in our culture. We need someone who hires top level football people to do there jobs and to address the culture from the top to the bottom.

Only then can we begin to build a proper future with strong foundations. Only time will tell if these guys are the real deal, but let's be honest it's a fresh start with a new way of thinking, and it can't be much worse than the last bunch of clowns.

They'll pass it a day after the transfer window ends!
That's probably about right.

To be fair, it's on Thelwell to get us through this summers bean counting exercise under the magic PSR limit.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the top when the new guys are through the door though. Step 1, point a board of directors.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back