What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 583 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Facts. I told you. These guys act. We can talk until 2500 about what will happen, we can say whatever crosses our minds about their aims, we can be right or wrong. In the meantime, they work. The adjective that defines them is "solid".

if you think you can wear down @davek with something as simple as fact, you will be greatly disappointed

I'm dangerously close to optimism here. Stable owners, a new stadium nearly complete, financial turmoil has been eased and it is now being reported that we are under no real pressure to sell the likes of Branthwaite. Are we turning a corner? I very much hope so! I'm off to buy myself a cowboy hat!

I'm dangerously close to optimism here. Stable owners, a new stadium nearly complete, financial turmoil has been eased and it is now being reported that we are under no real pressure to sell the likes of Branthwaite. Are we turning a corner? I very much hope so! I'm off to buy myself a cowboy hat!
Careful now with that kind of talk.

This is Everton and the great cosmic leveller will be along soon to put us back into our natural state of despair

Not this again! Everton FC have FAR more MATCH GOING young fans than they do. Ask any match going LFC fan how few local youngsters go to Anfield. I'm not talking about kids in replica kits playing out in the street. The difference is likely to be far more marked when we move to a new stadium which holds 15,000 more than Goodison does. We have no problem in that area. IMHO.
I wasn’t so much referring to the match going fan, but more the local support who will still buy club related merchandise. I don’t know the stats, but out and about I see very few kids with replica Everton shirts on compared to them

I wasn’t so much referring to the match going fan, but more the local support who will still buy club related merchandise. I don’t know the stats, but out and about I see very few kids with replica Everton shirts on compared to them

I agree and I wasn't having a pop. I'd rather have match going fans than kids who couldn't find Anfield on a map. Not our problem, but hopefully they are storing up problems for the future. UTFT.

I do. I also remember when Peter Moores was the last one standing from that family dynasty and the little [Poor language removed] took every penny of their wealth out of us and put it in 'them'. He got his payback when they almost bankrupted him, that is until their first set of Americans (Waldorf and Statler) came a-riding over the hill to rescue them from their initial rapid descent into almost financial oblivion.

Wasn't it David Moores or is my dementia playing up again?

I'm grateful to them for stepping up. It doesn't equate to blind support, of course not, but I'm not forgetting the mess we are in and have been in. I'm just relieved that a group with the necessary $$$ saw the opportunity and had the bid accepted. Just hope for the formalities to be completed asap.

A bit of hope and optimism would go a long, long way at this club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back