Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 761 71.6%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 263 24.7%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.7%

• Total voters

I'm sure the Friedkins are savvy enough to recognise and will to a degree want to build on the Everton legacy. But I am also sure they won't go back to the 'old school' principles of the previous tenants offering jobs to 'yes men/women' and will want to stamp their own authority on how the Club is both run and portrayed.

It's a new chapter in our history and one which starts with ridding ourselves of yesteryear men and replacing them with people with the appropriate sporting and business acumen. Let former players act as Club ambassadors/match day representatives but keep them well away from the boardroom. There is no room for sentiment in today's climate, something which the late Mr Kenwright and Moshiri couldn't grasp.

I'm sure the Friedkins are savvy enough to recognise and will to a degree want to build on the Everton legacy. But I am also sure they won't go back to the 'old school' principles of the previous tenants offering jobs to 'yes men/women' and will want to stamp their own authority on how the Club is both run and portrayed.

It's a new chapter in our history and one which starts with ridding ourselves of yesteryear men and replacing them with people with the appropriate sporting and business acumen. Let former players act as Club ambassadors/match day representatives but keep them well away from the boardroom. There is no room for sentiment in today's climate, something which the late Mr Kenwright and Moshiri couldn't grasp.

Ab-so-lute-ly

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back