What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
You have at least twice put 1 billion out there as the value of the club.

Again, I really don't understand where you are getting these numbers. Their investment doubles once the stadium is complete? How?

If the club was worth 1 billion, the sale price would be 1 billion. There's a few months left of the stadium build, the club won’t appreciate that much when the stadium is complete. Frankly the club would be lucky to recoup that cost given the overruns

Ok i'll turn this on its head...

Lets say you're correct and TFG didnt value the club at over the £200mil+ additional capital they could pay 777 now.

I believe thats what you stated. For arguments sake lets call it £400mil.

If that was the case, then knowing the numbers (in the public domain) owing to:

MSP
B&D
R&M

It means they were fully aware of the debt figures. They were also willing to pay the MSP & B&M loans off.

Meaning, to proceed as far as they have... they valued the club higher than those debts combined (no DD would be required to know the debt amounts).

Whether they restructure the debt once the stadium is built OR they pay the debts off in their entirity now...they would still have the debt on the books.

They can convert into equity if they pay off one or both remaining firms (777 + R&M) or take a long term restructuring option once the stadium is built and pull their loans back then. It will be built end of the year so worst case they get their money back in under 12months.

They clearly had a value of the club including the debts. They were happy to proceed until (as stated) they chose not to proceed due to the 777 debt.

If they had paid it off = problem solved.

But they have chosen not to. They were always aware of this debt (and the others) but it points to them wanting to wait to restructure the debt. That would be a risk depending on the 777 legal situation.

So its not that they dont value the club at £1bil / £850mil or whatever. If they didnt value it higher than the combined nets they would never have entered talks (the debt remains the debt) and someone needs to pay it.

Theyve made the decision to pay off MSP & B&D as they were clearly confident they had a good deal on an undervalued asset.

But they simply do not want to inject further capital to pay off 777 in full.

Im really unsure what else to say.

If Usmanov did come back (and thats a pretty big "if" considering the Ukraine War) then he/Moshiri will be here for many years to come when you consider the proposed USM naming rights deal for BMD was scheduled to be around 10 years.

Some wont like it but it would be the best thing for the club outside of a Gulf State buyout, which looks very unlikely.
Usmanov won't be anywhere near this club again mate.

Wouldn't shock me if Friedkin still does the deal and this was only a negotiating tactic in response to some last minute alteration to the terms of the deal from Moshiri.

If Putin called a ceasefire under "certain obligations" which the West accepted, you would be suprised how quickly Oligarchs would be welcomed back into the West.

We allow regimes that stone gay people and use slave labour into buying football clubs and hosting World Cups.

Whilst I do not believe that Moshiri is purposely holding back selling the club, if he is, then maybe he knows something Joe Public doesnt know ?

If Usmanov is as close to Putin as some claim he is, then maybe, just maybe, he knows he'll be back in the frame in the near future ?
Now I know why people get on you mate.

There’s more chance of me agreeing with @davek than agreeing with anything he ever posts.

Oh dear :(

Wouldn't shock me if Friedkin still does the deal and this was only a negotiating tactic in response to some last minute alteration to the terms of the deal from Moshiri.

Not much wiggle room in the deal.

Im being repetitive but i totally agree with this:

They and i are pretty much saying the same thing.

TFG didnt want to inject the capital to pay off 777.

Unless Friedkin comes back once the stadium is built and no other buyers emerge...he'd need to have a change of heart

I'm sure I'm over simplifying this, or I have missed a massive point, but, if the club were to go into administration, the biggest losers would be Moshiri, 777 or acap or whoever that money is currently owed to and the Friedkin group. May they have decided that if they can't delay the payment to 777/acap, that it is in their interests to allow us to go into administration and then, as major creditors, come to an arrangement with the administrator to buy the club and pay off 777/acap and Moshiri at a significantly reduced rate.

As I say, it's probably flawed thinking as I know nothing about the worlds of finance or business.

B&D can come in TODAY

They can use the Dell money. Pay off TFG, R&M and also 777 in one go if needs be.

Get the club running until the stadium is built and potentially (if they need to) restructure with Dell or with a bank.

Not to mention VICI would apparently do the same.

Both of these entities have the capital behind them and were willing to proceed.

The same with MSP who now have no incentive.

I suspect Moshiri will meet VICI and B&D again and the takeover will be done soon.

I'm sure I'm over simplifying this, or I have missed a massive point, but, if the club were to go into administration, the biggest losers would be Moshiri, 777 or acap or whoever that money is currently owed to and the Friedkin group. May they have decided that if they can't delay the payment to 777/acap, that it is in their interests to allow us to go into administration and then, as major creditors, come to an arrangement with the administrator to buy the club and pay off 777/acap and Moshiri at a significantly reduced rate.

As I say, it's probably flawed thinking as I know nothing about the worlds of finance or business.

One key point here that many have missed.

What would, Moshiri, 777, R&M and TFG gain from administration on face value?

Nothing. They all lose huge amounts.

Not to mention, the club could be very quickly gutted. Non-playing staff laid off and assets (even the stadium) sold off cheaply.

Player sales would be rampant if in the transfer window.

Doesnt make sense unless TFG came in instantly and agreed terms with the administrator.

Issue there is that anyone else could come in as well e.g MSP back into the arena...B&D with the Dell money etc etc

Their best position has just concluded

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back