What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
Reading more about the 777 situation, you could quite easily soil yourself.

It could take months if not years to resolve the 777 legal case in the US.

No credible buyer will touch us until this is resolved.

How long can we survive without new investment? Maybe a year if we sell Branthwaite?

I don’t believe this is that bad. Friedkin identified a risk due to the 777 loan, but it’s a risk that can be insured against, it’s just a case of who pays for the insurance and how long it takes to put in place. He knew all this before making a bid, it’s not something he ‘discovered’. I still believe it’s just a negotiation tactic, but one that has already allowed him to take a stake in the club…..

It was not Moshiris money - it was his backer who was close to Putin - not a firm footing to run a football club ....

That appears to be the truth now, looks like we were all duped by Moshiri and Kenwright ..yet again, blue billionaire my arse. Moshiri the only person on Earth who thought 777 were a viable option when every man and his dog were telling him the exact opposite. That and all the dodgy, high interest loans built up over the last couple of years has practically killed us and made us unbuyable.

It was not Moshiris money - it was his backer who was close to Putin - not a firm footing to run a football club ....

Even if this is true (which no one truly knows if it is, and if they do they should be employed by the CIA) it is still Putin's fault for starting a war & Boris Johnson for sanctioning USM which has done nothing to stop the conflict.

If Abu Dhabi torpedoed Israel tomorrow, and Starmer sanctions Shiekh Mansour - would you claim Man City are stupid for running a club reliant on Abu Dhabi money ? Maybe they should give all those Titles and Trophies back for being so silly.

Nah.

Pay the £200mill into and escrow that gets repaid when the court case clears who the debt belongs to as a deal to sell the club. Gets repaid once the legality is settled.

I have little interest in the online tears of those who have called for Moshiri to Leave the club, abused him but also expect him to put his hand in his pocket.

"Get gone you penfold looking oaf with your hilarious foreign accent, but please pump in more of your money before you go you, you rat". :Blink:

I don’t believe this is that bad. Friedkin identified a risk due to the 777 loan, but it’s a risk that can be insured against, it’s just a case of who pays for the insurance and how long it takes to put in place. He knew all this before making a bid, it’s not something he ‘discovered’. I still believe it’s just a negotiation tactic, but one that has already allowed him to take a stake in the club…..

Whoever the lunatic is that took the loan, should be the guarantor, or take out the insurance to cover it, namely Moshiri.

Even if this is true (which no one truly knows if it is, and if they do they should be employed by the CIA) it is still Putin's fault for starting a war & Boris Johnson for sanctioning USM which has done nothing to stop the conflict.

If Abu Dhabi torpedoed Israel tomorrow, and Starmer sanctions Shiekh Mansour - would you claim Man City are stupid for running a club reliant on Abu Dhabi money ? Maybe they should give all those Titles and Trophies back for being so silly.

I have little interest in the online tears of those who have called for Moshiri to Leave the club, abuse him online but expect him to put his hand in his pocket.

"Get gone you penfold looking oaf with your hilarious foreign accent, but please pump in more of your money before you go you, you rat". :Blink:

No fans are asking he clears up "his" mess so he can sell us. Or are you actually saying he shouldn't ?

No fans are asking he clears up "his" mess so he can sell us. Or are you actually saying he shouldn't ?

He is saying he shouldn’t, and also that the Friedkin group should pay off the debts that he accumulated. Debts that are now tied up in a legal case because our owner was too thick to see obvious fraudsters for what they are, like we all did on here.

Friedkin has the money to pay off 777 and end all the uncertainty, if he chooses not too, thats on him, not the club. He was well aware of these debts before entering into exclusivity talks.

It is also worth pointing out, Friedkin only initially wanted a minority stake in the club.

These Americans love messing clubs around. We need Oil Money and fast.

Scab rat imo.

Yes. He might have withdrawn from exclusivity but he is involved until he either gets his money back or it can't be repaid. You can't put him in the same category as RMF who are happy to sit and bleed us dry, but it's in none of our creditors interests to see us go insolvent.

Ultimately I think the solution has to come from the existing creditors, and Friedkin is the only one with experience of football club ownership. Moshiris trick of charging £200m for exclusivity is surely going to wear thin.

I would not be surprised if TFG returned to the table but if they do not, then the entity that covers their loan will surely become the owner (written in hope rather than expectation).

Don't you think he has pumped in enough money already ?

Fans were not complaining when he was paying off manager after manager, they endorsed it and were calling for sackings.

Fans were not complaining when he was giving the DOF's big pots of money to spend on players.

Fans were not complaining when he paid a premium to guarantee us a fantastic setting for a new stadium and commence the building of it.

I have been consistent in my view, that many of our fans have acted in an ungrateful manner towards the owner for some time now.

Whilst things have certainly not gone right on the pitch, it has largely been geopolitical issues with Russia/Ukraine that has really screwed the club over and led us down the road to seeking funds off 777, once the MSP deal failed.

I personally beleive Moshiri would have put more money in had the minority of fans not abused him to the length some have online. Those fans should be taking a portion of the blame in all of this.

Fans were not complaining when he was paying off manager after manager, they endorsed it and were calling for sackings.

Fans were not complaining when he was giving the DOF's big pots of money to spend on players.

Fans were not complaining when he paid a premium to guarantee us a fantastic setting for a new stadium and commence the building of it.

I have been consistent in my view, that many of our fans have acted in an ungrateful manner towards the owner for some time now.

Whilst things have certainly not gone right on the pitch, it has largely been geopolitical issues with Russia/Ukraine that has really screwed the club over and led us down the road to seeking funds off 777, once the MSP deal failed.

I personally beleive Moshiri would have put more money in had the minority of fans not abused him to the length some have online. Those fans should be taking a portion of the blame in all of this.

You believe Moshiri would’ve paid off the £200m debt if a handful of fans on a forum that he doesn’t know exists hadn’t typed hurty words about him :lol: :lol:

You are beyond a parody account and I’ve reported you for WUMming.

I have little interest in the online tears of those who have called for Moshiri to Leave the club, abused him but also expect him to put his hand in his pocket.

I don’t need to be employed by CIA - what I see if Moshiri spent some of his money (and some of it was the clubs) when there was no sanctions levied on Putin’s alleged Oligarch mates.

Once those sanctions were imposed, Moshiri’s financial support / willingness to financially support dried up. Complete cause and effect demonstrating that it was not his money (or a big chunk of it wasn’t given he was worth a reported £2-3bn but the other guy was worth a reported £14-15bn. Moshiri hasn’t been sanctioned so why has the money dried up? Because it wasn’t his, he was spending.

Mate he was gonna sell us to a bunch of sharks who's empire has collapsed and are involved in a possible fraud case. It's a mess he created on his own accord.

I guess you're gonna say "we deserve it"

Mate he was gonna sell us to a bunch of sharks who's empire has collapsed and are involved in a possible fraud case. It's a mess he created on his own accord.

Who was the realistic alternative to 777 at that time ? I don't recall there being any credible opposition bidder than MSP who only wanted a minority stake and who were subsequently blocked by RMF.

If you're desperate to sell your property, and there is only one bidder offering the asking price (but they looks a bit dodgy) you're still going to accept their offer.

And no my friend, I dont believe the majority of our fans deserve the current situation. I am stating that the grifter minority of our fans online who have gone above and beyond abusing the man over a sustained period of time have done little to help the cause of Moshiri pumping any further money into the club.

Moshiri may be a billionaire, but he'll still be aware of what is said about him, be it in the press and online. I am sure his daughter etc. who has social media will be aware of it and so on. Remember DCL's arl fella making a remark about comments about him a few years ago.

Don’t you get it mate, there were no alternatives to 777. It was just purely coincidental that 6 parties emerged as soon as their period of exclusivity ended. You couldn’t write it honestly, who’d have thought.

Right, for one it's no good at all throwing money in with no plan and no commercial upgrades, gets you into a lot of trouble with FFP and PSR which equal points deductions.

Who picked the managers/ coach's half the players, yes Moshiri and Kenwright. Some of them, never had a chance hair trigger finger from Moshiri, he should have been stronger, led by example. Remember the five number 10's in one window ?

Most if not all new owners utilise the new brush, Newcastle for example, cleared out and got professionals in, Moshiri stuck with a Chairman who was way past his sell by date, if he ever had one and they behaved like two Children in a sweetshop. His biggest mistake imo.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back