• 👍

Votes: 598 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 245 27.8%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 4.3%

• Total voters
Just saw this. Its very good news

There is no loadsamoney buyer coming forward and as far as all others go, I think TFG are probably as good as we can hope for, all things considered.

Textor makes me very nervous. I'd rather a bit of boredom provided we get operational, fiscal, and football stability on an upward curve.
Thing is about “loadsamoney” is as Newcastle are finding out PSR sets a hard ceiling on what you can spend so beyond a certain point owner wealth is more or less irrelevant- and TFG have more than enough to hit that ceiling.

Obviously you can raise that ceiling and the Saudis are trying to do so with commercial deals etc but even so they had to have a pretty quiet summer. We’ll be raising our own ceiling anyway with the stadium and hopefully TFG clearing out some debt repayment which could, hopefully and over a bit of time, put us back up there with the other “best of the rest” clubs in terms of financial wiggle room.

Aren’t friedkin worth about 7 billion and his family group worth 17 billion
I think their group turnover last year was $13 bn.

Certainly they are resourced but even if there were no spending restrictions I don't see them as the type that are going to be profligate. Who can be these days outside the top six anyway.

I think they will be good for us though. We badly need investment in the squad and surely they see that. Just how that is done with the limitations in place and ensuring we are well run and with growing revenue.

I'm interested to know what's changed for them in the last few weeks, other than the Textor stuff. Clearly monies owed to A-Cap/777 were a sticking point for them previously - has there been a breakthrough in the Leadenhall case or something?

777 countersued.

I've a feeling either the case will be dropped soon or am agreement has been made just not yet announced

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back