What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
We didnt get a single PSR charge until the Ukraine war had started.

Anyway, if you wanna rip into Mosh, might I suggest his thread.
It wasn’t just Ukraine- the league was misleading during Covid as well. We still shouldn’t have been in the line of fire and Moshiri is a clown, but we probably would have been fine if papa Uzi wasn’t exiled from the equation.

Yep pretty much everything you say is spot on, they’ve even paid off a lot of the club debts already like the MSP loan 👍🏻
TBF the repayment of the MSP debt was a given seeing as it was already overdue and they could have claimed 50%+1 of Moshiris shares at any time.

I wonder if they've already repaid Bell/Downing as part of the MSP settlement or if they're still hanging around as a minority shareholder.

Keen to learn if they'll pay off Rights and Media with a one time payment or redinance them and 777/ACAP at a far more favourable rate than we're currently paying.

The worry about, if both teams are in the Champions league is very premature. This problem, is becoming an issue now. UEFA, will have dealt with it long before we get into Europe again. City, United etc are fare too big to mess with. Red Bull have been around for years and it's never been an issue.

As for us being the 2nd fiddle, to Roma. At first, obviously we may be. But we have a larger earning potential. New Stadium and the money in the Premier league.

Developing countries have been buying the Toyota Hilux for decades because they are almost indestructible. You actually can't buy a Hilux in the USA (tariffed out of the market) so Friedkin's company doesn't get to distribute them.
Yeah a 50.cal machine gun on a swivel fits nice on the back of one of them.

"Septic" as in "Septic tank" is cockney rhyming slang for "Yank".

It would not be used in the north of England, until you mentioned it, I had never heard of it.

It's not a term anyone in the north west, Merseyside or Liverpool would use.

Limeys is well known, on the other hand. Because it is true. The Royal Navy did use limes to allow sailors to avoid scurvy which we now know is vitamin c deficiency.
I'm a southerner and have only heard it used by one person - my youngest brother, who always calls Americans 'septics'. I've always assumed it's CRS. I probably use more terms picked up from here, like being 'On the ale' and 'Do you wanna brew?' for instance, than I do CRS. But, then again, I probably use a lot out of habit without realising it.

TBF the repayment of the MSP debt was a given seeing as it was already overdue and they could have claimed 50%+1 of Moshiris shares at any time.

I wonder if they've already repaid Bell/Downing as part of the MSP settlement or if they're still hanging around as a minority shareholder.

Keen to learn if they'll pay off Rights and Media with a one time payment or redinance them and 777/ACAP at a far more favourable rate than we're currently paying.
Bell and downing paid off I think as they were involved in the MSP loan. I’d look to pay off R&M straight away and maybe let the 777 thing play out because I wouldn’t be shocked if they went into administration haha

If/when this takeover happens, what are people's opinions on them getting rid of Dyche and bringing someone new in?

I feel like at this point it wouldn't be a great idea as we have just about steadied things after a few years of turbulence. I'm no massive Dyche aficionado by the way, just concerned that starting again from scratch could be detrimental.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back