What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 604 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 245 27.6%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 4.4%

• Total voters
It's great to think we could have a completely new, and functioning board in a matter of weeks.
Surely the potential exists for a dramatic improvement, and these have the experience and the means.
It's ironic that the stadium is almost completed, whilst nearly everything else will need to be rebuilt from scratch.
He cannot fail to have been impressed by the stadium.
I'm sure his lawyers and accountants have enough to keep them occupied, but they'll know what a gem the new stadium is.
It's that which has brought them here.
What does that have to do with VW and Bugatti?
Reported for off topic :D

It's great to think we could have a completely new, and functioning board in a matter of weeks.
Surely the potential exists for a dramatic improvement, and these have the experience and the means.
It's ironic that the stadium is almost completed, whilst nearly everything else will need to be rebuilt from scratch.
He cannot fail to have been impressed by the stadium.
I'm sure his lawyers and accountants have enough to keep them occupied, but they'll know what a gem the new stadium is.
It's that which has brought them here.
Unlikely will have a new board in a matter of weeks .
I would expect a matter of months would be closer to the mark .

Like football clubs, Lamborghinis are best driven by experienced drivers rather than their rich owners.
I could not post a metaphor photo that represented Everton as "driven" by Kenwright and Moshiri, as it would be too graphic!
Hopefully, TFG have some professional drivers ready to take the wheel 🙏

1719412730400.webp

Okay entertaining your assertion if that's the case why wouldn't the club in the more profitable league with a new spiffy stadium take precedent if there is a hierarchy?
That's like saying Crystal Palace, a now established PL club, would usurp Roma in TFG's portfolio of soccer ball interests.

The PL is an important ingredient, but not the key one. They're looking for the social capital of being involved with Everton, but we're kidding ourselves if we think we can out-do Roma on that score. They have a much bigger 'brand' than we do.

Oh well, it could be worse. They could be owner of SS Nazio instead...and imagine being associated with that 'kin lot.

That's like saying Crystal Palace, a now established PL club, would usurp Roma in TFG's portfolio of soccer ball interests.

The PL is an important ingredient, but not the key one. They're looking for the social capital of being involved with Everton, but we're kidding ourselves if we think we can out-do Roma on that score. They have a much bigger 'brand' than we do.

Oh well, it could be worse. They could be owner of SS Nazio instead...and imagine being associated with that 'kin lot.
Sounds like you’re coming around to the idea then.

A couple questions, first, what "social capital" are you referring to, and why is it Roma is insufficient to provide that to them?

Second, why wouldnt a club with top 20 revenue worldwide be as big if not bigger than a club who has less than that?

I wonder if when the friedkins officially takeover they'll arrange a U.S tour with everton and roma , that would be cool except our title defense of the Florida cup would probably be in jeopardy
I wonder if the Friedkins will make our players still in a Motel 6 while the Roma players stay in some lavish 5 star hotel...makes you think.

I wouldn't think we would have to wait long.
When they confirmed the completion of their buyout of Roma, they also confirmed board resignations and new appointments in the same statement.
I think the process has some weeks to run yet .
General rule of thumb appears to be around 12 weeks for PL approval.
And that’s assuming they have even applied for PL approval at this point.
There has been no announcement of an agreement to purchase the club , that I am aware of anyway .
A period of exclusivity does automatically translate to a sale.
My guesstimate would be sometime during September.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back