• 👍

Votes: 698 69.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 262 26.3%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
Agreed.
I think there is a lot of misinformation floating around and it makes even more difficult to determine what is real and what is rumour.

I like Textor because of his willingness from day one to declare his interest in buying the club, he provided a spark of hope at a time when there wasn't any.
He also seems to be ambitious for the club which is positive.
I wish I knew more about the funding model he has in place(or will have) and I would like to see his investors named. Textor is already involved in club ownership already with Palace and that experience would benefit us also.

TFG seem to be a steadier and maybe wealthier potential owner. They are owners of Roma and that seems to be going well. I feel with them our progress will be slower but maybe that is not a bad thing.

These are my impressions of each but no more than that.

We also must be open to the idea that there are other parties interested who are not in the public arena yet.
I tend to agree

Perhaps this is too simplistic but it seems to me that TFG wants us if they can get us on the cheap and so it represents a very sound investment opportunity whereas Textor just wants us.

Dors that makes Textor a better potential owner than TFG ? No I don't think so but it makes me a bit nervous about TFGs motivation.

However big JT just makes me nervous because he seems like a real maverick.

TFG the safer bet I think.

Either better than what we've got now.

I tend to agree

Perhaps this is too simplistic but it seems to me that TFG wants us if they can get us on the cheap and so it represents a very sound investment opportunity whereas Textor just wants us.

Dors that makes Textor a better potential owner than TFG ? No I don't think so but it makes me a bit nervous about TFGs motivation.

I think of it more like the lower TFG get the price now, the more space there is to invest in making the club successful. In the long term, it's got to be worth asking longer and driving the price down as much as possible.

So it's back to being in the shadow of Roma
Might be preferable to being in the shadow of Ipswich Town? :lol:

If either of these parties takes over, they’ll be judged on their actions. I can’t imagine anyone wouldn’t look at an established PL team, good fanbase, good history and new stadium and think it wouldn’t be wise to try to build the brand so to speak.

I tend to agree

Still having Moshiri in situ this season makes me more nervous.

The feeling around the club is horrendous at the minute.

Both would be a vast improvement on the current owner and I can't stress how much the club needs a shot in the arm.

This season has a horrible inevitably about it.

You’ve been painting this fence for about 3 weeks now.

Might I suggest a bigger brush?

You can paint it for me if you like? Seeing as you're an expert?

The money to pay it off will need to come from outside the club, so no.

They should be getting monthly financial reports in the normal course due to the size and tenor of the loan, as well as the security behind it (Moshiri's shares).

Exactly. It's a £200 million loan not £2.50 and a packet of crisps.

They'll be monitoring Everton -daily.

I’m not the one pretending to be an expert in things…

You just told me to get a bigger brush? Or did I misinterpret your expertise and advice in the matter? 🤷‍♂️

Listen. People might not like me saying this has months to run. Before anything will be sorted

But at least they won't be disappointed in two months when little has changed

Because that's what's going on. Textor has been saying lots. TFG are just in a waiting game

They don’t play in a league nobody watches don’t be silly .
And they are still a team from Rome , the capital city of Italy . Already competing regularly in European competition.
I’m sorry , but if anyone thinks we will be first to the trough over Roma they are being incredibly naive.
They didn’t even think we were worth buying when they had the chance.
Nah not for me, ta .
( not that any sale will take place anyway 😉)
With the new stadium its likely our turnover will be £40-£50m greater than roma’s with premier league tv deals likely to grow by more than serie a. If the yanks are only interested in the bottom line then we should at least be treated as equals

I tend to agree

I would certainly think that TFG would be a "slow and steady" type of owner.

Textor seems to offer more dynamism and even excitement but he doesn't have the resources of TFG.

I can see why some prefer him - he talks up the club, talks too much for my liking, and shows ambition.

It's the boring financial nitty-gritty of what's behind it all that concerns me, and how loose he talks.

I'd certainly rather Textor than Moshiri but it can't be anyone but him either.

Of the two, for me TFG is a better overall candidate to bring about sustained progression, even though they are not the type to get anyone giddy with excitement. That doesn't bother me, the club has been far too much of a circus for far too long.

I think TFG are just being smart about this and not wanting to pay a billion for a club that may be worth half that at most. At this point, they seem the most likely candidate unless some oil prince comes in and bids silly money. I hate being caught in the middle of all of these shenanigans but it is entirely Moshiri’s fault and not TFG for putting us in all of this debt. They are just riding out the storm hoping that Moshiri budges and Moshiri is hoping we can stay up til the stadium is complete and sell us then when the team is worth more.

I think TFG are just being smart about this and not wanting to pay a billion for a club that may be worth half that at most. At this point, they seem the most likely candidate unless some oil prince comes in and bids silly money. I hate being caught in the middle of all of these shenanigans but it is entirely Moshiri’s fault and not TFG for putting us in all of this debt. They are just riding out the storm hoping that Moshiri budges and Moshiri is hoping we can stay up til the stadium is complete and sell us then when the team is worth more.
Yeah I said before I thought the whole 777/A-Cap thing was being overblown and it was all maybe just gamesmanship. When you’re talking about saving tens of millions and potentially more, I guess a bit of patience goes a long way.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back