What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 698 69.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 262 26.3%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
Been away so dipping in and out of this. But I’ve heard a lot of people ask, what changed between the summer to now. Why did they walk away and return, tyre kickers etc.

Think of it this way, TFG didn’t walk away, they paid a deposit, £250 mill is a significant investment in the club and bought a front row seat in terms of who was going to own the club.

Secondly, what else changed is it seems both Moshiri and A-Cap seem as if they have both taken a haircut, what this means is the time bought in the summer, created leverage and heaped pressure on Moshiri and A-Cap until eventually they lowered their price or agreed to reduced terms, thus resolving the uncertainty around the Leadenhall case.

What this means and these are hypothetical figures - if Moshiri gives £25 mill, A-Cap do, then the deal is £50 mill cheaper and that enables an extra £50 mill to be invested in Everton, thus increasing the value in their future stake.

What does the above tell us? These are serious people and no mugs in negotiation.

In negotiations. you want to be one of two things, an unwilling seller or a not an overlay keen buyer, the name of the game is pressure and leverage - TFG won out here and got others to take the haircut.

Last edited:
Hopefully exactly what we thought Moshiri takeover would be.
Accountants take no risks..he took many risks...Accountants are good with numbers..he's over 500m poorer. Accountants are clever..he is a moron

I’d be one of his big critics - but I genuinely think Moshiri did us a solid here, I believe the Textor offer was better financially for him.

But TFG deal was better for the club. He went with the club.

Last edited:

Been away so dipping in and out of this. But I’ve heard a lot of people ask, what changed between the summer to now. Why did they walk away and return, tyre kickers etc.

Think of it this way, TFG didn’t walk away, they paid a deposit, £250 mill is a significant investment in the club and bought a front row seat in terms of who was going to own the club.

Secondly, what else changed is it seems both Moshiri and A-Cap seem as if they have both taken a haircut, what this means is the time bought in the summer, created leverage and heaped pressure on Moshiri and A-Cap until eventually they lowered their price or agreed to reduced terms, thus resolving the uncertainty around the Leadenhall case.

What this means and these are hypothetical figures - if Moshiri gives £25 mill, A-Cap do, then the deal is £50 mill cheaper and that enables an extra £50 mill to be invested in Everton, thus increasing the value in their future stake.

What does the above tell us? These are serious people and no mugs in negotiation.

In negotiations. you want to be one of two things, an unwilling seller or a not overlay keen buyer, the name of the game is pressure and leverage - TFG won out here and got others to take the haircut.
Yeah spot on, it was basically a deposit.

It was also exactly how they bought Roma, same span of months and everything, so it was kind of obvious they'd try the same here, even more so given our predicament with dodgy loans and stuff like that.

Under no illusion that Moshiri could mess this sell up. Until it's done and he is gone not getting excited.

I believe an agreement has been signed now mate, it’s a bit different to the exclusivity previously agreed in the summer, we’re at the point 777 got to - where all that’s needed is regulation and compeletion.

There will be a contract signed, where both are legally bound now to complete, pending regulation, with penalties if either fail for whatever reason.

The squad bit at the end is a crisis disguised as financial gain to be honest, it's not a good thing at all - you can say "only 12 players so low wages", but the reality in football terms is closer to "only 12 players, we'll need about 10 more* to compete".

* 10 more of various degrees of experience, etc., as in some will be youngsters/subs, we DEFINITELY need first team players in several positions regardless, so it's not all black and white like that.
Course it’s a positive. It means a new manager and dof have pretty much a blank canvas to build a squad in the direction they want to take it without having to compromise whilst they Try and shift deadwood. They won’t do it all in 1 window but it will reduce the number of windows required to get there for sure

Course it’s a positive. It means a new manager and dof have pretty much a blank canvas to build a squad in the direction they want to take it without having to compromise whilst they Try and shift deadwood. They won’t do it all in 1 window but it will reduce the number of windows required to get there for sure
It's a positive for the squad/environment, obviously, I mean as a positive for "we reduced the spending", which the tweet implies - we'll have a threadbare squad and will need to invest in it with priority.

That too, for sure, but other than "tall" - Beto is far removed from what Dyche wants in a striker.
What Dyche wants seems to have featured shockingly little when it comes to the signings we have made. Whether there's a general disconnect (likely) or KT knows Dyche's days are numbered (fun) I don't know, but I can't wait for Gray Pots to have JOB playing like a colossus and Beto making a late surge for the golden boot, while Lindstrom, Ndiaye and Dwight are racking up assists.

Also, re: why TFG have reappeared so suddenly: After Textor saying he was confident of shifting his Palace shares within a couple of weeks, and that obviously being a bottleneck to his deal getting done, I wouldn't be surprised to find out his buyers had done a bunk and so Moshiri had no choice but to - as @GrandOldTeam so eloquently put it - bell those Friedkins again (and take a hit on the price in the process obvs).

I believe an agreement has been signed now mate, it’s a bit different to the exclusivity previously agreed in the summer, we’re at the point 777 got to - where all that’s needed is regulation and compeletion.

There will be a contract signed, where both are legally bound now to complete, pending regulation, with penalties if either fail for whatever reason.
Still it's all got be cleared by governing bodies, would not surprise if Moshiri has not disclosed something or other, he has basically and politely been found wanting while owning Everton Football Club.

….i actually don’t mind that they rarely communicate. I’m old and lived through our successful times and you’d rarely hear from the likes of John Moore’s but you were in no doubt they were there.

It appears to me that these are NOT football people so they employ football people in key positions and let them get on with their job. They even use expert recruiters to identify the right personnel for those positions (Manager/DoF).

They support the cause financially and they run the business side of things but they do not interfere with the football decisions unless things aren’t working, in which case they replace key personnel. We know from the likes of Man Utd that getting the right Manager/DoF combination is so difficult. Even with all their wealth, City struggled for some time as did the RS until they found Klopp.

Success on the pitch doesn’t necessarily come with investment, it comes with the right managerial appointments. Getting those decisions right continues to be the most difficult in the game, as Roma know full well.

I want to walk past Dan Friedkin in the street and not recognise him.

If that happens, he’s done a good job.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back