What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 698 69.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 262 26.3%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
I’d be far from defending him, however, he had a choice to make more money personally with Textor vs a deal wi5 less for him and greater investment in the club - he went with the latter - so while id be one of his biggest critics you’d have to say fair play.
Definitely. The fact that Textor hasn't been able to shift his Palace stake despite having a queue of buyers for that meant that TFG were primed to pull Moshiri's pants down.

Fair play for him to just walk now and not drag it out for the sake of a few more coins. I'm glad that he's cut his losses and ran.

Sorry to break it to you Lenin, but the PL sold out 2 decades ago.
Dave's like the mother in Goodbye Lenin who wakes from her coma after the Berlin Wall has fallen. We need to be like her kids and pretend we're still living in the GDR, Erich Honecker Kenwright is still in power, and Uncle Cyril's handlebars are only starting to rust.

There’s also value for money though mate as well, not many fans have been put threw the ringer like evertonains they’d have a cheek to start charging Chelsea prices for the privilege

No doubt mate, however if you look at trends we are one of the cheapest to go watch a PL match, that’s about to change, people talk about progress and being run like a modern PL business - there are downsides to that from a fan perspective also.

When people talk of the uptake in revenue at the new ground, where do people think that’s going to come from, it will be increased prices across the board.

If Everton are clever given the roots of our fan base, that will be done slowly and incrementally over the five years, hook people into the new ground, better product, get comfortable and raise by 5-10% every year.

Not commenting on the morality of that - I’m just saying this is nailed on what will happen and always was going to no matter who the owner was.

Ohh I didn't realise they had that many. I'd imagine we have somewhere between 10-20 million at a guess but maybe less than that?

Way less, we are estimated to have less than 5 million world wide.

Its very different in Italy, but Roma will also be supported by a massive chunk of the Italian migrant families all round the world.

Also Roma as a City or the Lazio region has almost 6 million people in it, and only 2 local clubs - Yes a huge chunk of these will be Juve / Milan glory hunters too, but Roma's reach is huge.

Way less, we are estimated to have less than 5 million world wide.

Its very different in Italy, but Roma will also be supported by a massive chunk of the Italian migrant families all round the world.

Also Roma as a City or the Lazio region has almost 6 million people in it, and only 2 local clubs - Yes a huge chunk of these will be Juve / Milan glory hunters too, but Roma's reach is huge.
And people need to remember that we are in the Greed Is Good League, which is the main attraction for the Friedkins. So those lamenting increased ticket prices and the wild west economics of English football need to factor in that reality. They're not here out of the good of their hearts, They are here to make money. It is what it is.

And people need to remember that we are in the Greed Is Good League, which is the main attraction for the Friedkins. So those lamenting increased ticket prices and the wild west economics of English football need to factor in that reality. They're not here out of the good of their hearts, They are here to make money. It is what it is.
Ticket prices are a tricky one going forward for me.
I’m at the limit of what I can afford really .
If they rise significantly, I will be priced out in truth.
If they happens I suppose I will be forced to enjoy my football elsewhere.
Which after 6 decades is kind of sad .

No doubt mate, however if you look at trends we are one of the cheapest to go watch a PL match, that’s about to change, people talk about progress and being run like a modern PL business - there are downsides to that from a fan perspective also.

When people talk of the uptake in revenue at the new ground, where do people think that’s going to come from, it will be increased prices across the board.

If Everton are clever given the roots of our fan base, that will be done slowly and incrementally over the five years, hook people into the new ground, better product, get comfortable and raise by 5-10% every year.

Not commenting on the morality of that - I’m just saying this is nailed on what will happen and always was going to no matter who the owner was.

The other aspect is, we need to attract corporate and high end fans to pay more. That's hopefully what TFG can bring. An ability to sell premium tickets and boxes at the high end.

With regards prices, we are fortunate in a way that there aren't tens of thousands of Scandinavian fans queueing up to paytop whack to come and watch us like the other lot have. So ticket prices will have to be aimed at our current fanbase. So whilst it is logical to expect an increase, I cannot see it being mega.

Spot on.

They see the ground and the Money league we are in, and thats pretty much it.

I have no issue with it, they want to succeed.

It's very sad.

This is why the German model is better for fans of more modest means.

Given the globalisation of the game, the idea that people can feel entitled to watch the best footballers from all over the world every week is going to be seriously challenged. In fact, the idea of clubs representing their locales has been challenged for decades now. The players come from all over the world, so why not the fans?

Each seat will have a price. That price will be too rich for many to purchase every second week.

It is what it is. Unless we have a fan-led game with fans having the controlling say in all clubs, then this is what is inevitable given England's rush to be the wild west of football. The Germans refused to take this approach. It's why their clubs are, typically, less competitive in European competition (though competitive enough). Fewer expensive top-rank foreigners paid for by billionaires attracted to monstrous TV money. But PL fans are more right-wing, in general, and this is the outcome of that.

With regards prices, we are fortunate in a way that there aren't tens of thousands of Scandinavian fans queueing up to paytop whack to come and watch us like the other lot have. So ticket prices will have to be aimed at our current fanbase. So whilst it is logical to expect an increase, I cannot see it being mega.
Well according to @davek, my Park End equivilent ST at BMD is going to increase from £740 to £1628... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The other aspect is, we need to attract corporate and high end fans to pay more. That's hopefully what TFG can bring. An ability to sell premium tickets and boxes at the high end.

Without question mate, actually it’s more about these corporate or hospitality price points then season ticket holders, the yields are very low for just match going fans in comparrison.

This is why I think they won’t care if loads walk away with increases in season tickets or general sale - these customers won’t be seen as mission critical. Thats cold but that’s how they will look at it, not just TFG but this has been worked out before the stadium is even built. There will be a cultural shift at BMD that will surprise many I think.

There is also a waiting list for season tickets.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back