What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 733 71.1%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 260 25.2%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.7%

• Total voters
At the recent meeting I attended, the commercial team were very excited by the Aramark deal. Big upfront payment and good ongoing revenue.

Also this is Aramark’s first stadium deal in the UK, they have big plans to become a major force and”will throw money at it to succeed”.

This new stadium is changing our outlook, don’t underestimate the outcome.

They will be delighted until they see the actual product Aramark flogs and the prices they're charging the support.

Based off of the prices they charge here at a hockey game.

A standard tin of ale (Not a pint, 473 ml 16 Uz oz 16.6 imp oz) will run you £8.85

A bottle of Dasani water is going for £3.90

People like @msb are making the mistake in thinking the "commercial team" at Everton are credible people

They're not. Richard Kenyon isn't.

They may portray excitement, but that is like someone telling you what a fantastic job they're doing, when the actual job is atrocious.

I just see the same old same old from people. That believe any old nonsense that comes out of the mouths at people at the club

Then you get people on here that go "this new catering deal is going to get us a squllion pounds a year. Aren't we great? Aren't we fantastic"

Then when you tell them they're being unrealistic they go:

"Stop being negative" "Stop all the doom and gloom" etc

Because you're saying something they don't want to hear

It's just utter nonsense. I look forward to Friedkins sorting that crap out.

At the recent meeting I attended, the commercial team were very excited by the Aramark deal. Big upfront payment and good ongoing revenue.

Also this is Aramark’s first stadium deal in the UK, they have big plans to become a major force and”will throw money at it to succeed”.

This new stadium is changing our outlook, don’t underestimate the outcome.

Another thing @msb that sort of statement was the same as they were saying about Laing O'Rouke
"first stadium deal in the UK, they have big plans to become a major force and”will throw money at it to succeed"

BMD went from £505 million to near on £850 million in cost.

It wasn't Laing O'Rouke paying it!

That is cost that you me, and everyone here and the Friedkins are paying a huge whack on

When people at the club come out with that sort of "they'll throw money at it to succeed" clap trap do us a favour and tell them to stop it? Yeah?

It's the usual nonsense from people at the club. Their projections are never right. Their claims are never right. They're just atrocious.

Illustration:

The false claims the club got Henry Winter to publish that Barrett-Baxendale "fixed the stadium cost" (6 months after they had Tony McDonough publish similar in the LBN local news).

1727455056907.webp
1727455103172.webp

Poor Henry Winter was led up the garden path by them.

Have you got anything to back that up? Not being difficult, I'd just be interested to see something that indicates Aramark, and others, are only making a 5% profit. I find that very difficult to believe but admit it's not my area of expertise.

I'm not suggesting we do it in house, i've got no issue with it being outsourced assuming they deliver a decent product. I'm just suggesting that if our potential Gross Food & Drink sales are around the £20m mark, and we're only getting £3m as someone suggested in here, that doesn't look like a particularly good deal on the face of it.
The cost to operate is enormous, you need a lot of people to deliver catering, not just front of house. There’s people deciding on the offering and menus, purchasing, warehousing, preperation, accounting, marketing etc. Anything above 5% would be a very good return and this is based on industry averages. I’ve worked in catering and retail and there is a huge difference between revenue, gross margin and net. People are always the biggest cost in service industries, even if on minimum wage.

The kitbag deal was an abomination. Try buying an Everton kit in an actual shop anywhere outside Liverpool.
It should be measured on the income it generates for the club not where you can buy a kit in a shop. I know for a fact that the retail operation prior to the Kitbag deal actually lost money, so was a cost to operate and not a source of profit.

It should be measured on the income it generates for the club not where you can buy a kit in a shop. I know for a fact that the retail operation prior to the Kitbag deal actually lost money, so was a cost to operate and not a source of profit.

That is a fallacy argument, because Bill Kenwright and his legion of incompetents have been at the club the past 20 years

They will be delighted until they see the actual product Aramark flogs and the prices they're charging the support.

Based off of the prices they charge here at a hockey game.

A standard tin of ale (Not a pint, 473 ml 16 Uz oz 16.6 imp oz) will run you £8.85

A bottle of Dasani water is going for £3.90
I've no idea how much the booze will be inside the new place (I do hope they are sensible) but I do know that if they try and have my kecks off, I'm not paying it. It's that simple. I'll stay with what I do now I've turn up at kick off Nobody's putting a gun to your head and making you buy it.

“evertonian and friends”

don’t like talking about someone who’s passed but it’s all coming out now about how bad he’s ran us - without us knowing

“he mortgaged his house for us”

i remember people saying

did he shoite
we are all against the world matty and more associates to fellow blues who share the same hatred and love equally for all things crap ie the everton

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back