What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 713 70.5%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 261 25.8%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
No mate. I'm vigilant from day one. That's the only way to come at this.

They are meddling owners.

They are here to financially exploit the new stadium and through it the fans.

They're the owners of multiple clubs and they'll place us in Roma's shadow...as will the world's media.

They are all wrong for us.

As big as roma are. The Premier league is the money spinner for all owners. If anything Everton will be their cream of the crop now.

Well if you're right they're not here for the long term and probably looking for a ROI through a sale down the line which means they have to run the club properly and competently and keep us competitive and attractive. I'm OK with that for the next 5-10 years after Moshiri. Or you're wrong. Time will tell
Dave going against the grain what a surprise

I haven’t gone back through this thread, so apologies if anyone has asked or answered this already.

I’m cautiously optimistic, but what has changed?
The Friedkin Group pulled out a couple of months ago having had their chance to look under the bonnet.

Is it just big business strategy to walk away and come back and get Moshiri to accept a different offer? Was Textor just as patsy to force the Friedkins to come back to the table?

Are we going to find the Premier League take longer to review and approve this one?

Also, presuming this all goes through without a hitch, the new owner is going to find they’re under scrutiny from the get-go by a fan base which has been put through the mill over the last few years by the clubs former custodians.
Last time was just an exclusivity period, a deal wasn’t agreed between the two parties. The big difference now is the sale is agreed and it’s all just down to appropriate Prem and relevant authorities signing off on the deal.

Very pleased Friedkin is back as Textor seemed more instability.

With the new stadium and Friedkin writing off £400m-£500m therefore reducing the interest payments which take up a load of the revenue, we should have a decent amount to build a new team.

We'll also have a number of high wages coming off the books, so I can imagine a huge summer.

Hopefully, we'll have sensible wages to turnover and still money to spend.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back