What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 715 70.5%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 261 25.7%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.7%

• Total voters
Countdown to the official end of the BK era - can't happen quick enough.
I'll consider it over when Goodison is finally razed to the ground.

It'll be a sad day, but his self-serving, faux-sentimental, mediocrity-embracing, pious brand of snake oil is literally seeping out of the walls of "the Old Lady", as he liked to call her.

It's time to move on.

Look at where we are. Minus rock bottom. This literally cannot be worse if they are paying down debt. They financed Roma personally. This is the miracle we've needed.
I'm pleased too, mate. All I'm saying was that loads of people were made up when Moshiri bought us and that very nearly killed the club. He cleared the debts, bought us with cash and then managed to mess everything up. I'm not saying don't be happy, I'm just saying be cautious.

I'll consider it over when Goodison is finally razed to the ground.

It'll be a sad day, but his self-serving, faux-sentimental, mediocrity-embracing, pious brand of snake oil is literally seeping out of the walls of "the Old Lady", as he liked to call her.

It's time to move on.
Totally agree. We'll only be free of his grotesque ghost when we leave Goodison, sad as that will be.

I'm pleased too, mate. All I'm saying was that loads of people were made up when Moshiri bought us and that very nearly killed the club. He cleared the debts, bought us with cash and then managed to mess everything up. I'm not saying don't be happy, I'm just saying be cautious.
Yep I agree. This time though there is no Bill sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong.

Always knew they'd be coming back ( Once they'd been touched and all that )

Just need it all Signed, Sealed and Delivered...

Mosh and Dyche on the same day now please 👋

That’s very good news. The weirdest figurehead for an owner and most overtly clandestine ownership situation in football has finally come to an end.

I’m still not going to watch them but I’m happy for the folk that still do!

I worry about what these will do with Bramley Moore

Could very easily see them selling it in order to lease back

They at least seem to have a clue how to run a club in general though, so that puts them way ahead of Moshiri
I wouldn't worry about it mate. Selling the stadium to lease it back for a new owner would in a business sense be kamikaze.
A stadium really is only sold an leased back as a last resort for a club going bust or in Villa's case selling it to themselves to give more ffp room

For fear of getting a bit @davek on this subject, we might want to keep our powder dry on TFG.
Whilst the rumours about the debt mountain is wonderful news, if true, and getting rid of Moshiri is obviously a great thing, the deal for the club when Moshiri took over also looked great and we saw how that ended. I'm not saying that's what'll happen here but they've done ok at Roma, not better than ok. We don't know exactly what shape the financing for this takeover will take either.
I'm cautiously optimistic, but let's not anoint any new saviours too soon, we've been burned many times before.
The way things have gone with Everton over last several years I will take ok for now

Not sure if this has been posted yet, the FAB have released a statement:

They want to tell TFG what the fans expect from a new owner. I'm pretty sure they could guess what though...

These self-important fan board statements always make me laugh. Yes, these very smart businesspeople who are involved in football already and are all set to sink incredible amounts of money into the club didn’t think of any of the things on your list! Good thing you called them out!

I wouldn't worry about it mate. Selling the stadium to lease it back for a new owner would in a business sense be kamikaze.
A stadium really is only sold an leased back as a last resort for a club going bust or in Villa's case selling it to themselves to give more ffp room
As regards the land lease....they're not allowed to sell it.

Totally agree mate , we have waited for today for a long time,sure we don't really know what the new owners will be like but one thing is for sure nobody will be employed at the club purely because they were ex players or part of the Kenwright click.
People thinking that these new owners are just going to be throwing money at the Club ie 50m players are mistaken it hopefully will be a strategy of building the club up again from the roots and getting us back in contention to win things.
Today has been a good day and though as am nearly 70 now I doubt I will see the good times but I would like to think see all our young supporters have a future where Everton can be great again god knows they deserve it.
Anyway I will be in the main stand on Saturday feeling alot more positive about the future.
COYB

This ^^^^^^^^

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back