What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 730 71.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 260 25.3%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.7%

• Total voters
I do find this thread quite amusing. No purchaser is buying everton for the good of the club. They all have reasons that suit themselves whether that be financial, self promotion, sports-washing etc.

The days of a club our size being owned by an evertonian who wants the best for everton are long gone

As opposed to the era when the life long Evertonian owner wanted the best for himself.

I find it astonishing that anyone would be prepared to accept a deal that gives them such a small fraction of the overall revenue stream. Whilst I accept that is revenue and not profit for the supplier, the mark-up on food and drink is (more often than not) astronomical. They must be making an enormous profit if those figures are correct.

It also begs the question as to why the club are reporting the Aramark contract as one of the biggest commercial deals they have ever done if it's a paltry £3m a season!?
Not true at all, serving of Food and Drink is Labour intensive, Gross Margins are high often 50%+, I would be surprised if they make much more than 5% Net Margin. Meaning if we get £3million a season Aramark will need to be turning over £60 million just to pay the £3million before they even start to make money. People used to make the same criticisms of the retail side of the club when we first outsourced it, suggesting we could make more profit by running the operation ourselves. It's simply not true, these companies have the expertise and scale to make these contracts more profitable enabling both parties to take a slice of the pie.

They (within the club) mislead people. Persistently.

They made out that it was a huge revenue increase. It wasn't. Gullible people in the fanbase believed them

Continue to do so, and don't want to hear things that they think is "negative"

How did they mislead? I thought they simply said it was the clubs largest ever income from shirt sponsorship. If it was £1pa extra, it is still true. People who have no knowledge of the deal getting carried away and exaggerating is not really anything to do with the club. Also, I'm not sure it helps our position to be making claims of being richer than we are, it is difficult enough to get deals.on players as it is, and the people that do need to know our financial position, will be perfectly aware anyway so unaffected by any exaggeration.

So I'm still not sure why your mad at the club for saying they got the biggest deal in our history, when they got the biggest deal in our history.

Not true at all, serving of Food and Drink is Labour intensive, Gross Margins are high often 50%+, I would be surprised if they make much more than 5% Net Margin. Meaning if we get £3million a season Aramark will need to be turning over £60 million just to pay the £3million before they even start to make money. People used to make the same criticisms of the retail side of the club when we first outsourced it, suggesting we could make more profit by running the operation ourselves. It's simply not true, these companies have the expertise and scale to make these contracts more profitable enabling both parties to take a slice of the pie.
Have you got anything to back that up? Not being difficult, I'd just be interested to see something that indicates Aramark, and others, are only making a 5% profit. I find that very difficult to believe but admit it's not my area of expertise.

I'm not suggesting we do it in house, i've got no issue with it being outsourced assuming they deliver a decent product. I'm just suggesting that if our potential Gross Food & Drink sales are around the £20m mark, and we're only getting £3m as someone suggested in here, that doesn't look like a particularly good deal on the face of it.

How did they mislead? I thought they simply said it was the clubs largest ever income from shirt sponsorship. If it was £1pa extra, it is still true. People who have no knowledge of the deal getting carried away and exaggerating is not really anything to do with the club. Also, I'm not sure it helps our position to be making claims of being richer than we are, it is difficult enough to get deals.on players as it is, and the people that do need to know our financial position, will be perfectly aware anyway so unaffected by any exaggeration.

So I'm still not sure why your mad at the club for saying they got the biggest deal in our history, when they got the biggest deal in our history.

They obfuscate and mislead constantly.

This is the same lot, that claimed someone put the CEO in a headlock and released a statement and were verbally briefing against protestors in the club press room 4 hours before a game. Along with sending Whatsapp messages to football commentators and journalists.

The have zero credibility and if I had my way, with Friedkin Group coming in multiple of them would be sacked on day one.

You might be comfortable by their cynical behaviour. I'm not.

It's all about them covering up their incompetence and poor performances.

They obfuscate and mislead constantly.

This is the same lot, that claimed someone put the CEO in a headlock and released a statement and were verbally briefing against protestors in the club press room 4 hours before a game. Along with sending Whatsapp messages to football commentators and journalists.

The have zero credibility and if I had my way, with Friedkin Group coming in multiple of them would be sacked on day one.

You might be comfortable by their cynical behaviour. I'm not.

It's all about them covering up their incompetence and poor performances.

Stake were our biggest ever shirt deal though, yeah?

I do find this thread quite amusing. No purchaser is buying everton for the good of the club. They all have reasons that suit themselves whether that be financial, self promotion, sports-washing etc.

The days of a club our size being owned by an evertonian who wants the best for everton are long gone
Good
It’s because of a so called
Evertonian we’re in this mess

The kitbag deal was an abomination. Try buying an Everton kit in an actual shop anywhere outside Liverpool.

The kitbag deal was an abomination. Try buying an Everton kit in an actual shop anywhere outside Liverpool.
oh mate, I live just outside West London and it's impossible!! The closest I've come to finding our stuff anywhere was in the summer when i found our home shirt from 2 seasons ago in the Sports Direct in Reading.

Looks like trouble is brewing for Toyota in the USA.
Once Everton has touched you ..etc..etc

Toyota is massive in Japan? Oooh my…

1727448508765.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back