The Golden Vision - BBC 1968

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydawg68

Chairperson, People's Front of Saint Domingo
Watching this now...awesome. If you haven't seen it, get on it. 1968 docu-drama about Everton during one our golden periods and the relationship between the fans and the club. The supporter bits are drama with actors, mixed with documentary footage behind the scenes of EFC.

[video=youtube;mv31IaVrpbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv31IaVrpbw[/video]

posted this a few months ago myself, you not seen it before JD ?? lots of the actors are well known blues like

think it's one of ken loach's first films, it's ace !

I haven't! I'm in heaven.

you may or not be interested in this then, it's a documentary about Everton and Liverpool fans travelling down to Wembley for the Milk Cup Final in 1984

[video=youtube;onUuVNUXqRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onUuVNUXqRo[/video]

this is the only the first part, but the other bits are easily found, it's well worth a look

I have only seen clips of the Golden Vision before.
It was great to see it all.
The milk cup one has a red with a guitar! Ain't watched it yet but hope its better than it looks.

Just finished it up. Absolute Gold. Just so enjoyable to watch the old fellers and the love for Everton. Especially enjoyed the bits where the old fella is passing on his knowledge and memories of EFC to the young child. LOL'd at him lecturing the boys about the 1906 team.

Just ace. How anyone could support that team whose name we won't mention is absolutely beyond me.

I have only seen clips of the Golden Vision before.
It was great to see it all.
The milk cup one has a red with a guitar! Ain't watched it yet but hope its better than it looks.

The part where they are in a london bar trying to chat up the local girls is beyond funny.

half nine in the evening here in NZ...just watched that Ken Loach 1968 piece...BRILLIANT, LOVED IT. We truly are Everton aren't we? Desperate...and joyous. Love to all fellow members of our exclusive (yet inclusive) club!!

The Milk Cup one is a proper documentary.

The Golden Vision is a scripted drama about Everton, with some scenes filmed on a real matchday at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back