The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
We need a tonic. An Everton themed pick me up.

What are the funniest shouts you’ve ever heard at the match? Or even anything amusing, Everton related.

I appreciated words may need to be changed to avoid liberal use of asterisks.

Went to watch us play Bolton as a kid, and they were singing Ivan Campo's name. They left enough space between the lines of whatever they were singing for a sizeable portion of Blues to sing "is a gypsy" straight after his name.

During the half-time announcements when they announced that a lad was taking his girlfriend to her first-ever match when the announcer said that she was a red before she met the lad, but now she's a blue and everyone started booing them.

Away end at the Dell in 87 i think, just after Nev made a trademark save in a tight match, with perfect timing after the ooohs of the crowd had faded down, some lad near me:

"Neville Southall you can shag my missus!"

The big man turned to the crowd and laughed.

Ipswich away we won with a Rideout header.

Stuart "Jigsaw" Barlow clearly fouled their player on the far left touchline and then our fans were calling for him to be sent off.

Next thing he picks the ball up and hurls it high into the air...most of the away support on our feet yelling "get off barlow + ref get him off" and of course lots of swearing.

Ref sends him off.

Man Utd away in the mid 60's we'd lost. Sat on a Home James coach waiting to leave with the usual Speke lads at the back, two of whom were always funny. Passing Utd fans obviously happy and goading, One of the Speke lads gave them the forks and shouted, "You can afford to 'uckin laugh!" and his mate quickly, with a puzzled expression said, "How much is it to laugh?". It just lightened the mood then and for some reason I've never forgot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back