The Johnny H/Jags Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena

Player Valuation: £70m
We're shipping goals, it is a dangerous thing to do. I'm a believer in that if you keep clean sheets, rather than go for goals, you have more chance of winning.

Thing is though, we are shipping big time, it's not like Everton under Moyes. We have always been water-tight. We were always boss at being solid and you knew having an Everton player in your dream team would get you clean sheet points.

So what is the problem? I don't think any of our defenders have played badly, we have just made dodgy mistakes. Distin has been in my top 3/4 players of the season, so there is no question, for me, of him being dropped.

Johnny H has started the last few games. He had Drogba in his pocket, performed very well at Arsenal, and has been generally good. Jags is still by far and away our best defender, but himself has suffered a loss of form. Moyes has been loyal to Johnny by keeping with him whilst in good form, but he did sh1tout of that tackle to DJ Tiesto Campbell on satdee.

It is a bit of mystery then why we haven't been that great at the back. So who do we go with, do we go with Jags, as he is our best defender and has been immense the last 2-3 years, or do we stick with Johnny, who bar that mistake has been good the last few games, but we all know he is off in the summer probably, but even with that in mind, he is still giving it his all and i think he does care about winning and training and playing hard.

There is a clamour to go with Jags again now, but for me, and this is just me, i'd stick with Johnny. He knows he has to play well now with Jags sniffing, he has been decent and i really think he compliments Distin. Johnny also has a wonderful pass on him still which i think is good in terms of our distribution into midfield and so on.

For me, stick with Heitinga, give him the confidence that he is backed by fans and management, and i think clean sheets are in the offing then. See what happens, if we keep shipping then maybe change, but for me, let him stay there for now

Last edited:
im going to say something that always gets an argument started... I think jags is poor, he is indecisive and panics in front of goal and forces errors, id stick with heitinga

Got to be Jags for me. Jags keeps his mouth shut and is a top quality player. Heitinga is very good, but has a tendency to look TOO relaxed sometimes with the ball in and around our area, although he does pass the ball better yes. IMO, Heitinga will be sold in the summer for our transfer budget, £10mil for him coupled with yak yobo piennar and vaughan money will be our budget. Let's play the long term players eh?

Got to be Jags for me. Jags keeps hides mouth shut and is a top quality player. Heitinga is very good, but has a tendency to look TOO relaxed sometimes with the ball in and around our area, although he does ball the ball better yes. IMO, Heitinga will be sold in the summer for our transfer budget, £10mil for him coupled with yak yobo piennar and vaughan money will be our budget. Let's play the long term players eh?

Maybe we need to keep playing him then mate, get his sale value up? He will be cheaper for us to sell if he isn't playing?

im going to say something that always gets an argument started... I think jags is poor, he is indecisive and panics in front of goal and forces errors, id stick with heitinga

about time! for ages i thought i was going mad because everyone had jags pinged as some exceptional centre back.

now, don't get me wrong, he's still a good player and his partnership with lescott (spits) a few years back was immense but he is prone to some shocking mistakes just like the rest.

for now, i'd stick with jonny but i feel he'll be away come summer so maybe jags will need to be brought back in

Good point mate, perhaps then more scouts get more chance to watch him and his value goes up. In fact, thinking about it stick with JH as then Jags has to really fight for his place back in the team. Healthy competition and all that.

Tough one...

I'd say start Johnny this week....see how he does...if he doesn't have a great game, I think bring back Jagielka the week after, who yes....hasn't been great this season, but will surely/hopefully start to pick up his performances soon enough.

Well done to Distin for not making this a 3 way dilemma

I think we've been inconsistent at the back all season, and one change wouldn't really change much. Centre backs certainly play there part, but you defend as a team, and I don't think we've done that well enough this season.

So I'd go with the players who have been involved in three good performances against Chelsea, Arsenal and Blackpool. Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov and Rodwell should stay in the team for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back