The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if anyones mentioned this yet.

We're not getting Carlos Vela, just seen on Sky Sports News, he's signed for West Brom on loan.

I posted it yesterday mate but due to its underwhelming nature never went into details ! LCAB is even more underwhelmed than me !! Particularly today when the RS spend £23 million !!!

Wouldn´t be the first time they´ve turned 23 million to sht though would it.Wouldn´t be the first time Moyes has done the oppisite.

This season was over months ago. You'd hope we'd at least be trying to improve the squad for next season and maybe scrape a European place tho.

Each on their merits, give the lad a chance. In the context of everything else, be dissapointed but on its own this could be good news, and the type of thing that we should be doing.

Have we just got to be patient and in a few years we're going to be awesome or something?

Please tell me they've got a plan...

Evening Blue Boys and girls! First time poster - long time reader. First off, much respect and thanks to LCAB and THT for creating some POSITIVE dialogue with re. our beloved Blues. It's a refreshing thread, I have to say. I've found on other EFC-related forums, a minority of posters have a somewhat aggressive and nasty nature; they could have ulterior motives for being there, who knows. Anyway I think we all need to take a deep breath with regards to all this lack of incoming transfer business. It's frustrating - and or the all us Evertonainas, it bloody hurts. But I think we should let Monday play itself out before we start jumping off cliffs and the like. The January Transfer Window is a poor concept and should be trashed. It only helps pirate agents and clubs with a little bit of copper, whose managers, club executives, believe in a "Sign any player, it
's good for Fans' moral strategy. Thankfully, we don't have a manger who believes in that. We don't have any money, too. But that's a deeper issue. This thread is about transfers. The Likes of Robbie Keane, SWP will all probably move before Monday night and each would give us a little exp. and class, but do we really need them? I mean, really, do we? Because that's the type of player, at best, that is out there today, right? There is not a single player that has signed for someone in a division that would have instantly made us better off. So you cannot blame Moyes for waiting ot the window to see if "The right type of player becomes available". He's probably been burned a few times in these windows by greedy agent/ players, too, so its little wonder he's coy and downplaying any transfer movement in the media. At the end of the day, if the right players becomes available, i'm sure we'll be in there for him. I'm with Moyes, Here's "hoping." Great site, BTW.

I think if Lady-boy signs for Chelsea that might spark a bit of business between English clubs. It would have been better if the scum didn't send the Torres money to Holland (Suarez) but it certainly adds some cash in the transfer-merry-go-around in the EPL. There's a chance it might benefit us, and I think Dan Sturridge is a great shout. However, the problem with him, i think, is Chelsea would want him to be guaranteed to be playing, and I don't know if he'll get that with us, based on what I've seen of him he's a little inconsistent. Also, what is the long-term benefit for us signing a young unproven striker who is likely to return to his club? I thought Moyes only signed Loans with a view on a permanent deal. I suppose Jo might have changed that mindset. Speaking of which, would he be the worse option right now? Or do you guys think he's burned his bridges with us? Just asking.

23m Suarez off to Disney FC next door and we're chasing underwhelming signings from the Greek divisions....depressing.

NSNO are pretty confident Neville is off to Spurs the Yids.

Sounds like we are really in dire straits.

Get to the protest....Kenwright is taking the piss out of every blue.

23m Suarez off to Disney FC next door and we're chasing underwhelming signings from the Greek divisions....depressing.

I wouldn't mind if it meant Coleman would play RB with Bily RM and/or Kranjcar would come the other way.

Torres out Suarez in; a little bit of a goofy decision at "Disney FC" if you ask me, Carlos.
To be honest, Neville to Spurs would not bother me too much; it would spare us our Captains contrived claps and shouts our way at the end of games. If you ask me, PN is on the decline anyway. Seamus, Tony, Jags, and JH can do the same job at right-back, imho.

Well, we know we have to sell to buy, so youngsters is all we can realistically expect to sign. Unless of course we loan someone with an option to buy, which is the best case scenario for us in this window. A youth signing is better than no signing however, as it shows that at least our scouts and DM are still putting a shift in, even if our board aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back