The Merseyside Derby Build Up Thread

Fancy our chances despite recent form?

• We're Roberto's Blue Army! We'll batter them and give SG a proper swan song!!!

Votes: 144 25.9%
  • Win- not a great one, but will inspire confidence nonetheless.

Votes: 134 24.1%
  • Tie- Jags with his Golden Boot!!!

Votes: 34 6.1%
  • Loss- feels worse than relegation

Votes: 183 32.9%
  • A goal by Ferguson! Duncan Ferguson!

Votes: 61 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only would they protect the back four, having all 3 playing would allow the other two MFs - Barkley and Mirallas perhaps - to try and get forward more and take a few risks with the ball. In regards to width, Mirallas would be the one detailed to go wide if needed there.

That's why I would play our 3 cms to protect the back 4 and have mirallas as the one attacking

carsley_derby_05_mid.jpg

C'mon... just give us another moment like this.

Long shot but anyone any spares? Anyone ever bought of stubhub aswell?can i collect when i arrive in Liverpool sat morning £100 the cheapest ridiculous prices but might have to do

... So I'll be, whaddyacall it, pundit-ing? pundit-izing? yammering-without-knowing-my-ass-from-my-elbow? about the Derby on Bulgarian TV from the Evertonian perspective (there will be a RS fan too, which is a change from the previous times I've been invited). I intend to bring up the fact that IMO Martinez and Rodgers both suffered from the "Nobody got fired for buying IBM" syndrome during the summer - ie both went for expensive players in the transfer market knowing that if they didn't perform, nobody would blame the manager for choosing big names. If I have the chance, I would also like to talk about how the failure to prepare during pre-season is the chief reason why we seem to have gone backwards.

Would you say that's fair and is there anything you feel must be said before the game, during halftime, or for 20 minutes after to the discerning Bulgarian TV viewers who tune in on Diema and Nova Sport for the Merseyside Derby?

Never confident in derbys. This is me I'm dreading a hiding we just never play well in these or get any luck and gerrard will play out his skin. A drubbing is all I can see

Its why I think we will win..

First time in years I havent felt confident of a victory..

That's why I would play our 3 cms to protect the back 4 and have mirallas as the one attacking

I agree, I've been saying for a while now that i think an orthodox midfield 3 would suit us and its not a defensive approach either, it should give baines and coleman more freedom to get forward in that formation, cant see it happening though so its probably a moot point..............regardless of who lines out on saturday I hope Bobby has it drilled into them to set a very fast tempo from the off, the RS have had a lot of games recently (including one tonight) so we should be aiming at taking advantage of them in the last 20 mins of the game on saturday

... So I'll be, whaddyacall it, pundit-ing? pundit-izing? yammering-without-knowing-my-ass-from-my-elbow? about the Derby on Bulgarian TV from the Evertonian perspective (there will be a RS fan too, which is a change from the previous times I've been invited). I intend to bring up the fact that IMO Martinez and Rodgers both suffered from the "Nobody got fired for buying IBM" syndrome during the summer - ie both went for expensive players in the transfer market knowing that if they didn't perform, nobody would blame the manager for choosing big names. If I have the chance, I would also like to talk about how the failure to prepare during pre-season is the chief reason why we seem to have gone backwards.

Would you say that's fair and is there anything you feel must be said before the game, during halftime, or for 20 minutes after to the discerning Bulgarian TV viewers who tune in on Diema and Nova Sport for the Merseyside Derby?
Just take the educational line ie we were always the biggest of the two clubs and it has taken 5 European Cup wins to get them ahead of us in status.

Only way we can win saturday is that rs smashes Bolton today.
If Bolton wins or draws and if any rs players get injured we're defo gonna get whipped in the derby.
Yes, Thats the logic with everton.

so who thinks lennon is going to start? feel like RM will start McGeady but bring lennon on after about 60 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.