The Midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The midfield will be the death of us.

Doucure is killing us as the “10”, and I will never understand why Gana is playing higher up the pitch than Onana, and is always in space on the edge of the box and is the one shooting from 30odd yards into the roof of the stands?!

How is Garner sat on his arse while those three are polluting the pitch?!

What’s Dyche doing with them all week ffs.

Who can pick up the ball 25 yards from goal, get their head up, show some composure and make the right decision with the ball?

None of this lot, that’s for sure.

We can't play a two, and a three-person midfield from four defensive-minded midfielders will always be an interesting tactical problem. But I really don't Doucoure to start the big games. If at least one of the midfield trio cannot burst into the box and make sound decisions, then it is better to have good passers of the ball who make sound decisions.

The midfield will be the death of us.

Doucure is killing us as the “10”, and I will never understand why Gana is playing higher up the pitch than Onana, and is always in space on the edge of the box and is the one shooting from 30odd yards into the roof of the stands?!

How is Garner sat on his arse while those three are polluting the pitch?!

What’s Dyche doing with them all week ffs.

But if you pop into Onana's thread that's what plenty of people have been clamouring for. I think the issue with Onana right now is very little to do with position and just an inability to impact the game wherever he plays.

I think Garner should be playing through virtue of the others being so poor right now, but he's another one that allows the game to pass him by. If we had someone who could get a grip of the middle of the park, it'd help him a lot.

Doucoure is not a number 10.
Gana has lost everything that made him good.
Onana is still on his summer holidays. Can’t pick a pass. Can’t run, just awful.
Garner is not a winger.

If I was in charge of Everton tonight I would be doing everything possible to sign Jesse Lingaard. We simply do not have anyone who can get the ball and carry it forward from the midfield, never mind create or score a goal.

Not Prem quality. Not an ounce of creativity between the 3 of them. Not going to rewrite history and claim Iwobi is going to be sorely missed but we 100% needed to replace him with an attacking midfielder.

I actually exclaimed a ‘yes’ where garner came on for doucoure… only for that ginger peanut to switch him with danjuma and be ineffective again out right

We’re sh1te in both boxes, and shocking in the circle in the middle. The only plan is get it to the wide player and hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.