The Moyes legacy: reflections.

Any regret on being anti Moyes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't stand his negativity but hes certainly got an eye for a good player, ask yourself how many players out of this squad would moyes of signed, I would be amazed if it's one.

I'm new but have been going for Everton for 3 decades. The way I've viewed the club and its substance since Moyes started (accounting for the fact we were never a challenger for the PL) was how is our record in Cup finals and the derby.

I wouldn't expect us to win the PL or be a semi-regular CL participant. But I did think we had enough talent and desire to win a number of random games to make a cup final and win. The Merseyside derby is a fixture where the positions of the team in the table aren't supposed to matter.

We made one final for a loss in 10 years with Moyes, and I think that's below par and a weakness/failure of his management style that was exposed at ManU (Which I hope he corrects at West Ham). Between the FA/League/Europa Cups, we should've made 3 finals for at least one win. I would say that also for the past decade between the 4-5 managers we've had since.

It's a credit to Guardiola for instance that Man City still chalk up the diminished League Cup even though he probably didn't know of the competition til he joined City. It is an intentionality and purposefulness that carries City in the PL & CL. As an outsider from Australia, it's something I've never seen from Everton. It's all plucky plodding underdogs in the PL, but no killer instinct in the weaker cup competitions.

It's what I liked about Lampard after the Palace loss. That's the only time he's publicly had a crack at the players, and he got criticised for it. But he'd know that the FA Cup is an opportunity to win something. It's what I liked about the derby on Sunday (That felt like a real derby), as we were a chance for the win at halftime and were still in it down 1-0. Almost all the time previously, the derby is over as a contest at halftime.

There was a a sizeable amount of people on here who happily chased Moyes’s arse out of Everton. In the spirit of goodwill I shall not go back and revisit their posts but you know who you are. Moyes leaving Everton signalled the beginning of the end of a competitive Everton with regular European football at least, and now nearly ten years in we crave someone with the Moyes playbook to rescue the club from a sustained period of pitiful waste and near ruin.

I wonder if his most vocal critics then wish to show any maturity now by retrospectively admitting their greed and spite was perhaps misplaced and contributed to damaging Everton long term.

There was a a sizeable amount of people on here who happily chased Moyes’s arse out of Everton. In the spirit of goodwill I shall not go back and revisit their posts but you know who you are. Moyes leaving Everton signalled the beginning of the end of a competitive Everton with regular European football at least, and now nearly ten years in we crave someone with the Moyes playbook to rescue the club from a sustained period of pitiful waste and near ruin.

I wonder if his most vocal critics then wish to show any maturity now by retrospectively admitting their greed and spite was perhaps misplaced and contributed to damaging Everton long term.
Moyes wasn't chased out by the fans, he decided to leave.

I largely agree that we've regressed massively since his departure.

Never had a bad word to say about the man, just wish the whole United announcement had been handled better, in an ideal world he should have stepped down for the final games post announcement or United should have waited till after the season ended to do it

Moyes wasn't chased out by the fans, he decided to leave.

I largely agree that we've regressed massively since his departure.
Many chased him on his way mate. I can vault but shall not do so out of respect for my fellow posters. He got hated on last few years by some, this thread is to find them and ask them in the fullness of time if they feel different.

Imagine Moyes with half a billion.

Many chased him on his way mate. I can vault but shall not do so out of respect for my fellow posters. He got hated on last few years by some, this thread is to find them and ask them in the fullness of time if they feel different.
Get them all in furst

Status
Not open for further replies.