The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 106 20.3%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 83 15.9%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 53 10.2%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 66 12.7%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 55 10.6%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 62 11.9%

• Total voters
Edin Terzic - left Dortmund this summer so no compensation. Still only 41, done fantastic in both stints managing Dortmund, - even worked as a coach under Bilic at West ham and for the national team - so will speak English also and knows the country.

He'd be a very interesting left field choice nobody is mentioning.

Also worked as a youth team assists t manager under Klopp at Dortmund.

Edin Terzic - left Dortmund this summer so no compensation. Still only 41, done fantastic in both stints managing Dortmund, - even worked as a coach under Bilic at West ham and for the national team - so will speak English also and knows the country.

He has been accused of being tactically, well not the best let's just say. He seems to be rated more outside of Germany than inside it.

Any rumors as to why he left Dortmund?

Yep my choice too.

A joint ticket with Ralf works for me

The club is in a financial hole, so I doubt the new people are just going to make that all disappear and sink funds in though. Americans want these businesses to make money.
Don’t underestimate how much of a financial turnaround comes next summer from wiping out a bunch of debt, trimming the wage bill and opening the stadium. That’s a potential 100m swing before the owners put in a penny.

If there’s any truth to the Rangnick DOF rumours (I’m sceptical given the job he has) you have to let him choose his coach, and I’d guess this is the sort of guy he would go for.

Yeah, Ancelotti and Carsley have nowhere near the experience needed. Why are people so obsessed with appointing young, untested managers nowadays? For every Arteta you probably have dozens of donkeys.
Not sure I’d group those two together. Carsley has some actual experience and would be getting a look on more than his last name, but there’s a separate bucket of guys who have spent a lot of time in international management which is a very different job and he’s in that bucket.

Not sure I’d group those two together. Carsley has some actual experience and would be getting a look on more than his last name, but there’s a separate bucket of guys who have spent a lot of time in international management which is a very different job and he’s in that bucket.
He has zero top flight coaching experience.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back