The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 106 20.3%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 83 15.9%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 53 10.2%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 66 12.7%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 55 10.6%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 62 11.9%

• Total voters
Edin Terzic - left Dortmund this summer so no compensation. Still only 41, done fantastic in both stints managing Dortmund, - even worked as a coach under Bilic at West ham and for the national team - so will speak English also and knows the country.

He'd be a very interesting left field choice nobody is mentioning.

Also worked as a youth team assists t manager under Klopp at Dortmund.
With the right DOF I think he’d be perfect for us, not too unproven but definitely of a high calibre. Speaks perfect English aswell.

If Howe was available I think he'd be top of the list.
He has lost as nearly as many games as he has won and only has something like a 42% win rate, Terzic (for example) has a 66% win rate, Dyche is around 37%. Also you might be happy with it but I don't really want too watch a team full of 6 ft+ Joelinton types charging about kicking people for 90 mins. He wants huge control also and can be an awkward customer at times can Howe, clearly isn't a fan of the DoF role either.

With the right DOF I think he’d be perfect for us, not too unproven but definitely of a high calibre. Speaks perfect English aswell.
Maybe. But if you look deeper into what happened at Dortmund last season it doesn’t look so pretty. Outside of that European run they underperformed and he was getting openly criticised by his own players.

Maybe. But if you look deeper into what happened at Dortmund last season it doesn’t look so pretty. Outside of that European run they underperformed and he was getting openly criticised by his own players.
He got criticised for being tactically naïve at times, fans felt he should let the shackles go a bit more. Nothing more.

Terzic I'm not entirely sold on. Rangnick as DOF would be an excellent choice imo. I'd be happy with someone of his background making a manager recommendation to TFG. The DOF is as important provided they have the freedom to do their job.
Would prefer to stick with Thelwell personally.
I think he has done well so far .

Would prefer to stick with Thelwell personally.
I think he has done well so far .
Thats who i am 50/50 on, dyche for me has to go be before or well end of the season depending on results. Is really hard to fully rate the job he has done here, both should be given a chance. But can see thelwell
Having more of a chance if he can work under the TFG style of scouting ect.

Thats who i am 50/50 on, dyche for me has to go be before or well end of the season depending on results. Is really hard to fully rate the job he has done here, both should be given a chance. But can see thelwell
Having more of a chance if he can work under the TFG style of scouting ect.
I know what you mean in regards to Thelwell but the issue for me is that even the little bits of money he has spent I'm not sure they were correctly spent or we got value for money. Take Onana, we made a profit which is great, but by the time he left he had been dropped and it could be argued that we needed more of a Gibbs-White type player when we signed him in the first place. I know we have seen links to the likes of Kudos, Guirassy, Boniface, Minteh, Philogene (Amongst others) whilst he has been here but signed none due to finance reasons. It's a tricky one tbh, part of me thinks just clean the slate top to bottom.

I know what you mean in regards to Thelwell but the issue for me is that even the little bits of money he has spent I'm not sure they were correctly spent or we got value for money. Take Onana, we made a profit which is great, but by the time he left he had been dropped and it could be argued that we needed more of a Gibbs-White type player when we signed him in the first place. I know we have seen links to the likes of Kudos, Guirassy, Boniface, Minteh, Philogene (Amongst others) whilst he has been here but signed none due to finance reasons. It's a tricky one tbh, part of me thinks just clean the slate top to bottom.
Yeah he is the one i can see a case for, is why as you say maybe a clean slate would be better. But also with a quick start to the season again maybe having him as the dof get the manager in who fits the profile and we would already have players targeted like you say. Ready to go and get

He has lost as nearly as many games as he has won and only has something like a 42% win rate, Terzic (for example) has a 66% win rate, Dyche is around 37%. Also you might be happy with it but I don't really want too watch a team full of 6 ft+ Joelinton types charging about kicking people for 90 mins. He wants huge control also and can be an awkward customer at times can Howe, clearly isn't a fan of the DoF role either.
Bring a blue home….

Manager in easier league with big team in higher win percentage shocker!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back