The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 105 20.2%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 83 16.0%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 53 10.2%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 66 12.7%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 55 10.6%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 62 11.9%

• Total voters
Martinez bought Niasse, at the time one of our most expensive ever signings. He’s been a disaster everywhere he has been since. The Moyes Yakubu team played better football.

Painic buy in January. We saying Moyes never made a bad buy?

And I agree it was when he brought in Yak. Even with Andy Johnson. But he'd been here 5 years up until that point.

And that was 2007...which is 17 years ago.

Painic buy in January. We saying Moyes never made a bad buy?

And I agree it was when he brought in Yak. Even with Andy Johnson. But he'd been here 5 years up until that point.

And that was 2007...which is 17 years ago.
Per Kroldrup - record singing for a defender IIRC
James Beattie - record signing IIRC

I recall after the intial takeover talks collasped with friedkin , there were reports ralf rangnick was being considered , which is odd not in general as weve been linked before for years. It's baffling because now that friedkin looks set to acquire the club, those links havent resurfaced, id be content with him as manager or even as the new dof even though his man united stint wasnt deemed successful.

Sarri is alright. Very experienced coach who's built some nice teams to watch, but his age does concern me a bit.

Rather we went with a fresher face, if I'm being honest. Someone who backs themselves to do a job, will get heavily involved in the coaching & tactical side of things, and develop at a big club like ours. Like a Hurzeler at Brighton.

I've already stated that Ancelotti Jr would be my pick personally.
Thomas Tuchel would be my pick. And as much as it's completely unrealistic i do wonder is it really? Freidkin took Jose to Roma, they made a serious statement with that appointment and i'm pretty sure i read an interview with Tuchel somewhere where he criticised the mega clubs for how they don't give managers time these days. They have to be perfect or they're sacked. We potentially could give him that stability and time and the dude is out of work. Again I know it's unlikely and no top manager is touching us with a barge poll under Moshiri... but we don't know how ambitious TFG are.

Thomas Tuchel would be my pick. And as much as it's completely unrealistic i do wonder is it really? Freidkin took Jose to Roma, they made a serious statement with that appointment and i'm pretty sure i read an interview with Tuchel somewhere where he criticised the mega clubs for how they don't give managers time these days. They have to be perfect or they're sacked. We potentially could give him that stability and time and the dude is out of work. Again I know it's unlikely and no top manager is touching us with a barge poll under Moshiri... but we don't know how ambitious TFG are.
It was unrealistic previously but I wouldn't see why not now. Not now immediately but with a clean slate next season.

He would go to a club like Spurs I think, so if we had our house in order then anyone is a possibility.

We got Ancelotti here after all.

Maybe in that vein its not getting them but keeping them.

Tuchel would be some statement from the new owners - if we could bring him in then surely it would be a no brainer! I’ve mellowed towards Moyes now, but it still doesn’t sit well with me the way he left and I don’t really see how he would take us to where we all dream of being. Leave him in the past I reckon.

Surely Moyes wouldn’t come back Everton anyway?
Being at Everton would ‘hold back his career’* as its did Leighton Baines and almost did Fellaini when we wanted to keep hold of them.

*©️David Moyes Aug 2013.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back