• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Onion and his reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
Yet again the future of our sport is being chiselled out by foreigners. Earlier this season we had Mourinho demanding 'reserves teams from big clubs' to be allowed in the Football League, now the Onion has echoed those sentiments. IMO we must protect the grass roots of football at all costs, any reserve players can, as now, be farmed out for experience so why let a mega rich club replace the Accringtons, Torquay's and Rushden and Diamonds of this world. I wouldn't even want to see the rich club buy out a smaller one as it would be unfair to all the other teams, destabilising the market as such.

Clearly neither have any knowledge of how the premiership evolved, rich clubs waved two fingers at the majority of teams and went off on their own for the pursuit of cash. If those tossers want a reserve league then let the PL organised it, the old Central League filled that capacity for years

As Im old fashioned in my opinions so what do you 'younger' guys think?:blink:

I thought it well out of order myself by both red cheeks and mourinho. Wanting to improve their own squad development of largely foregin players by taking the crust out of the mouths of lower leauge footballers.

Its beginnigng to boil my piss the undoubted arrogance and disrespect shown by Onion Head toward clubs of hertiage, pride and integrity, their palyers and undoubtedly their fans. How many [Poor language removed] and chelski bandwagon jumpers would you see on an away day in the third division, the way you would see Torquay fans!

I wonder where this reserve side would be based, Camden town, Islington, Wandsworth, just to save their fans having to travel(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back