The return of Yobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEmin Marvellous

Player Valuation: £50k
Just wondering what everyone's opinion would be on playing 3 at the back, now that Yobo has returned from ACN. Jags can cover the right, Lescott the left, and Carsley can always drop to cover Yobo in the centre if necessary. This would allow us to play five in midfield AND two up front.

Very good point, am pretty sure it has been mentioned before.

I do believe a back three of Yobo, Lescott and Jags is definitely worth considering.

& Welcome to the forums :)

I think we have the players that can play the wing back role pretty well as well- Neville and Baines would be superb with a midfield of Arteta Cahill Pienaar or Carsley with Cahill behind teh striker.

Howard

Jagielka Yobo Lescott

Carsley

Arteta Fernandes Cahill Baines

Yakubu Johnson

Looks good to me. Easily revert back to a back 4 by dropping Baines to left back. Could obviously also chop and change with Osman/Neville.

I wouldn't experiment with the formation whilst we're in the middle of a vital run-in to the season where every point counts. But definitely one for next season provided that we can adapt to it.

Jagielka and lescott should continue I reckon, they're looking like a really solid partnership. But its not my call its upto Moyes I can't believe how well Jagielka has done since Yobo left for the ANC he's going to give DM a real selection headache.

Howard
jagielka yobo lescott
neville.........................baines
carsley
arteta fernandes osman
yakubu

is that trying to hard to fit both cars and munny in? certainly allows for width, but without cahill, good wideplay would be more difficult to score from.

Very good point, am pretty sure it has been mentioned before.

I do believe a back three of Yobo, Lescott and Jags is definitely worth considering.

& Welcome to the forums :)

Another point, and I realise he's played there before, could Yobo be used in the defensive midfield role? He now has a lot more quality behind him and he has become more composed than in recent seasons

Another point, and I realise he's played there before, could Yobo be used in the defensive midfield role? He now has a lot more quality behind him and he has become more composed than in recent seasons

actually iv wondered wether Lescott could play there, good on the ball, fast so could get back to cover and i love his driving runs up the wing when he plays LB. imagine him on one of those runs from the midfeild! would also provide much needed power in the middle.

doubt it though...

oh and welcome mate:)

3 centre halves just dont work especially in the prem, Yobo will take his place and Jag with rightfully drop to the bench again

Howard
jagielka yobo lescott
neville.........................baines
carsley
arteta fernandes osman
yakubu

is that trying to hard to fit both cars and munny in? certainly allows for width, but without cahill, good wideplay would be more difficult to score from.

I like that, but with Cahill in for Osman, and Fernandes to the left, as Baines will provide width on the left. Possibly drop Neville for one of the midfield depending on the oppostion and whether the wing backs are gonna be more offense/defense minded... wouldn't really want Arteta/Osman having to worry about defensive duties to much/often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back