The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it sounds ludicrous that someone would choose everton over Milan . But if your 27 then your chances of getting in the prem in another 3 years are slim . If he has any ambition of wanting premier league football then he would choose us . Milan Arnt the team they used to be and yes they have champions league but he's already played that in Moscow. Bottom line will come down the premier league football or not

milan finished 3rd last season, finished really strongly with the addition of balotelli in january, no doubt offer higher wages. CL football, more chance of trophyware. come on lad.... sounds like youve been watching sky sports a bit too much with that 'prem league best in the world' nonsense.... it wouldnt come down to ac milan or prem league it would come down to ac milan or everton....

can you imagine being a wigan fan last year

'mccarthy passes to mccarthur, in turn he finds mccarthy or lays it off for mccartney who crosses for mcmanaman who backheels it to mccarthur who then shoots but it deflects off mccarthy and goes wide'

Before we start slating players for their pedigree, I'd like us all to take a step back for a moment and consider this.

If the internet was around when we signed the following:

A goalkeeper from league 1 Bury who the season before was playing non-league footie and working as a binman.

A midfielder from Bolton who was always crocked.

A reject from the sh^te.

A striker from the Scottish 1st division club Dumbarton.

This site would have gone into fumefest.
The computer says no guys would be whining about poor ratings and the board haters would be banging the NSNO drums like an African tribal party.

Yet, Neville Southall, Peter Reid, Kevin Sheedy and Graeme Sharp were mainstays of the greatest team ever to wear the Royal blue.

Whoever we end up signing, let's give them a bit of time to prove themselves one way or another.

There's plenty of time to say "I told you so!" for both sides of the argument.

milan finished 3rd last season, finished really strongly with the addition of balotelli in january, no doubt offer higher wages. CL football, more chance of trophyware. come on lad.... sounds like youve been watching sky sports a bit too much with that 'prem league best in the world' nonsense.... it wouldnt come down to ac milan or prem league it would come down to ac milan or everton....
I no the prem is overrated but many players will believe its the best as they don't see it week in week out . If he really wants to come then he has a team who will offer him first team football if not then that's fine it just seems a too good opportunity to miss for 5 million

I doubt the media guys at everton would have been allowed to ask about specific players joining unless the club were pretty confident of bringing them in. Usually very quiet about deals.

But is he a good player?

I mean really.

honestly whenever i have seen him i thought hes looked a really tidy player, certainly could do worse than him in the british young CM department (cough joe Allen or jonjo Shelvey) surprised he hasn't been linked with more clubs to be honest

just my opinion though, i obviously haven't seen much of wigan bar our matches with them to make a better judgement.

Before we start slating players for their pedigree, I'd like us all to take a step back for a moment and consider this.

A goalkeeper from league 1 Bury who the season before was playing non-league footie and working as a binman.

A reject from the sh^te.

The computer says no guys would be whining about poor ratings and the board haters would be banging the NSNO drums like an African tribal party.

Yet, Neville Southall, Peter Reid, Kevin Sheedy and Graeme Sharp were mainstays of the greatest team ever to wear the Royal blue.

Whoever we end up signing, let's give them a bit of time to prove themselves one way or another.

Well said.

I'd prefer if the media didn't keep linking us with players. It pisses me off cos we wont sign any of them mentioned

I no the prem is overrated but many players will believe its the best as they don't see it week in week out . If he really wants to come then he has a team who will offer him first team football if not then that's fine it just seems a too good opportunity to miss for 5 million

yes mate we should defo give it a try of course. you really dont know! but as apposed to lookin at as '27 year old never played in prem', he'd probably be thinkin '27 years old never played for a top european club' (which i dont think we can deny milan are alot closer than us to being)

honestly whenever i have seen him i thought hes looked a really tidy player, certainly could do worse than him in the british young CM department (cough joe Allen or jonjo Shelvey) surprised he hasn't been linked with more clubs to be honest

just my opinion though, i obviously haven't seen much of wigan bar our matches with them to make a better judgement.

I don't rate him.

But if he joins he'll have my full support.

A reject from the sh^te.

Well put.

Can someone explain what the problem is with signing Wigan players? Is it because they were relegated? Because that's a silly reason if so. It's not as if the entire Wigan squad is joining, it'll be two/three at best to compliment who we already have.

Kone, Alcatraz and McCarthy would be in a completely different situation here compared to what they've had to endure in their Premier League careers so far. No one can how for sure how they would perform but there's still naysayers.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back