The Unholy Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry mate, but he dosent do that at wolves, he does the complete opposite.
With Wolves having the 3 at the back it is the centre halves responsibility to bring the ball out (mostly Coady) and step into midfield with it, Moutinho's & Neves' jobs are to get onto the ball in positions just over the halfwayline and move that ball at pace and quickly, using there range to spread the play, they dont use attacking midfielders and the dont use defensinve midfielders who go deep to collect the ball.

Was going to put a caveat in my previous post about them playing 3 at the back and the ex RS bringing the ball out...

I'm not saying that Moutinho and Neves go back to the box to pick the ball up + i think once Mina is in the team we will also see him (like zouma) come out with the ball in a two...

What i'm saying is that these 2 (neves mostly) doesnt play as a CM and stand far from the centre backs, he's an outlet for them and imo does come deep (relative to their system) then pings it around...but is also given license to roam.

At Porto who played 2 CBs he was always the DM (when i kept saying we should buy him).

So, it doesnt really matter if hes a DM or a CM in games, we know he can play DM seamlessly...

He's literally ideal for us.

i actually think this is a reasonible post and OP is pretty bob on!
Apart from Pickford, these 3 have probably played more than anyone over the past 2 years, and 75% of performances have not been good enough over that time.
Gana, although at times this season has been very good, i always think he is over rated by us, he does a couple of things really well - energy and tackling, the rest he is not good enough at! No one of the teams above or around us would take him - e.g Leicester have Ndidi, Bournemouth have Jefferson Lerma
Schneiderlin i think is a coward, and not in the sence of blood and guts etc, he hides from receiving the ball, he dosent push forward to try and create anything, he plays conservative cowardly football, taking absolutely no risk and getting no reward (opposite end of that scale was probably rooney last season who was all risk), this may sound harsh, but making himself availible yesterday was selfish! It was silly of Silva to select him, and also it was a "I can use this to show my commitment moment" problem with his commitment is, he can say and do all these things, but he will never lose that cowardlyness to dominate on the pitch
Sigurdsson - I bet you if Silva & Brands got offered 30m for him right now they would bite your hand off. Again someone who seems scared to try something a little inventive, not taking responsibility, but like Gana can put in a good performance! But its not enough! 1 game in 4 was probably enough for Swansea, but it wasent for Spurs - i also think Silva dosent want to play with a no.10, but he has no option as he cant drop the 45m man

Totally agree with this aside on the point about schneiderlin playing yesterday...we dont know his motivation and its very harsh.

Id bin all of them off if an offer came in.

Can anyone think of worse?
Nyarko for a start.

Carl Tiler.

Simon Davies.

Danny Williamson.

Mitch Ward.

Idan Tal.

I could go on. All far worse than Siggurdson, Schneiderlin and Gana, although I do agree that two DM’s is not necessary so I’d blame that factor rather than the players.

Nyarko for a start.

Carl Tiler.

Simon Davies.

Danny Williamson.

Mitch Ward.

Idan Tal.

I could go on. All far worse than Siggurdson, Schneiderlin and Gana, although I do agree that two DM’s is not necessary so I’d blame that factor rather than the players.

Only one of them was post 2000?

I won’t single any of the players out but many fans just overrate players because they are young. And they ain’t very good and should be loan out to Championship clubs.

As to Siggy, Gana and Morgan I think they will be phased out in the next 2 years as new signings coming in.

True. We don’t have the players in the middle capable of dominating football matches with football.
There is an amazing lack of positional sense within our midfield. Im the first to admit that i have moaned loads about noodlehead and his lack of positional sense but tbf to the lad he's never going to learn any when the other two are just as bad. I think this has a lot to do with why we don't dominate at times, Gana is often running around all over the shop and the fraudster is so scared to get involved he just stands off and does'nt bother half the time.

Everton have invested over 350,000,000 pounds in playing 'talent' over the past 3 years...yes, they've recouped 180,000,000 via sales...but we're still toilet at the back, in the middle, and up front. I'm not sure whether only one of those areas merits being called out.

There is an amazing lack of positional sense within our midfield. Im the first to admit that i have moaned loads about noodlehead and his lack of positional sense but tbf to the lad he's never going to learn any when the other two are just as bad. I think this has a lot to do with why we don't dominate at times, Gana is often running around all over the shop and the fraudster is so scared to get involved he just stands off and does'nt bother half the time.

Ye, the positional sense is atrocious. I would play the noodle over the other two.

Tom, Gomes, Dowel.
Lookman. Richie. Bernie.

Relegation or glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back