Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
..I looked a few weeks and I think he’s had a couple of recent seasons with 28 appearances and the others quite a bit below. Perhaps he’s fine now, but it’s just a thing i’d be concerned about. I suppose £20m is low risk in this market. 29 in March.
14/15 and 15/16 (which were spanned by the cruciate ligament injury) he made 18 and 21 appearances respectively.

Every season other than that going back to 2006/07 he's made 30+ appearances. Including 37 last season and 42 the season before.

Depending on his attitude -- is he ambitious or has he essentially given up? -- I'd take him on the right deal and providing it doesn't displace the purchase of younger and more ambitious players.

Interested as to why you think he would be a “fantastic “ signing. I reckon he’s likely to give us plenty of pace, and he’s shown that he can score regularly (last season in particular) but need to be convinced he can deliver on a consistent basis.
I think he’s a top player. His stats over the last 7/8 years show that. He’d give us end product.

14/15 and 15/16 (which were spanned by the cruciate ligament injury) he made 18 and 21 appearances respectively.

Every season other than that going back to 2006/07 he's made 30+ appearances. Including 37 last season and 42 the season before.

Its silly really that over and over people claim he has a history if injury problems. Its a myth. They guy got hurt severely one time over two years ago. Prior to that and after that he has been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back