These next few months...thinking with a clear mind at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could put something resembling good form together, yes. But we have always had some sort of catalyst from the January transfer window to give us that kick-start, like last year, or Donovan in years gone by. That's why it "feels different" this year. There is nothing from outside to kick us in the back-side. This team has f*cked it, so they have to fix it and after 3 or 4 months of disappointments, the faith in this side to turn it around is pretty low.

However, maybe the fact we're out of the cup will take a bit of pressure off and let us go for broke a bit. What was said in the OP will be the general message sent to the players from the management. They have to sort this mess out and owe it to the fans, especially. I'm sure we'll see an effort to make it happen, but it won't be easy. If we got 5th, I'd forget about Wigan in an instant, as that'd still be an immense achievement, whether we cocked up against Wigan or not. Sure, Wigan will put a dampener on any success we enjoy, but it doesn't negate any positives we can scrounge from this season, yet.

Some miserable sods on here.

We're 2 points off 5th place, game in hand and a match against City at home which we've fared well in recently. Liverpool and Arsenal both have tricky away ties. We've drawn more games at Anfield than we've lost (despite what the depressos might tell you), so that's not a win for Liverpool by default at ALL.

I remember what happened after our season 'fell apart' last year at Wembley. We went and put 4 past United and then beat Fulham 4-0. Didn't lose a game for the rest of the season, 9 points from 5 games.

Some miserable sods on here.

We're 2 points off 5th place, game in hand and a match against City at home which we've fared well in recently. Liverpool and Arsenal both have tricky away ties. We've drawn more games at Anfield than we've lost (despite what the depressos might tell you), so that's not a win for Liverpool by default at ALL.

I remember what happened after our season 'fell apart' last year at Wembley. We went and put 4 past United and then beat Fulham 4-0. Didn't lose a game for the rest of the season, 9 points from 5 games.

Its amazing what you can do when there is no pressure.

4th finished on jan 31.

Europa place finshed last sat with the FA cup defeat and the damage done to the club on and off this pitch this week.

I can see an interim coach in place before the season is out if we starting getting done 4 and 5 nils both home and away to the top 5..

Summer can,t come quick enough.

4th finished on jan 31.

Europa place finshed last sat with the FA cup defeat and the damage done to the club on and off this pitch this week.

I can see an interim coach in place before the season is out if we starting getting done 4 and 5 nils both home and away to the top 5..

Summer can,t come quick enough.

When was the last time any team in the top four beat us 4-0 ? Never mind at home.

From a players perspective losing at Wembley last season would have been a greater disappointment than losing to Wigan, imo. The premier league season isn't going to collapse because we lost 3-0.

When was the last time any team in the top four beat us 4-0 ? Never mind at home.

From a players perspective losing at Wembley last season would have been a greater disappointment than losing to Wigan, imo. The premier league season isn't going to collapse because we lost 3-0.

It has,nt happened for a long time but IMHO the damage is done, real damage and I think we will see the team fold big time to the top 5 teams in the games to come.

It has,nt happened for a long time but IMHO the damage is done, real damage and I think we will see the team fold big time to the top 5 teams in the games to come.
We won't, we'll probably win on Saturday because the pressure is off.

Why Brennan Why!! Kiss of death

4th No Chance, - Id forget Wigan,
5th No Chance, - Id forget Wigan
6th, A Chance, and still an improvement from last year.
7th, most likely, no improvement with the so called "best squad we have had in years"
8th, pass that bleach im thirsty

4th No Chance, - Id forget Wigan,
5th No Chance, - Id forget Wigan
6th, A Chance, and still an improvement from last year.
7th, most likely, no improvement with the so called "best squad we have had in years"
8th, pass that bleach im thirsty

Save some of the bleach for me too please Deloodid.

It's the Arsenal game which worries me - they're on their annual CL push and have given Everton some merciless beatings over the years - but the other big games should be fairly tight.

we cocked it up in january transfer window - massive opportunity and blew it, that's the main story of our season.
when will be the next time we get an opportunity that good? hopefully next season but spurs may improve dramatically then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back