These next few months...thinking with a clear mind at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was not me saying oh yeah we can finish in the Champions league easy deffo, it's me saying there is still a lot to play for, including a Europa League 5th place finish, which we are 2 points off now and would involve us denying Liverpool and Arteta's Arsenal of European football, it's not time to throw the towel in and put the kids on is it? It's time to see big performances from Fellaini and Bainaar and a return to form for Jelavic and give us something to shout about and add a new dimension to next season.
I'm with you fella.....it's unlikely, but definitely possible. And, in the words of Kevin Keegan "I would love it"

That bold sentence means I understood you perfectly well. I understand it because that's the exact feeling I have for Moyes in the FA Cup and I don't believe he'll ever win a trophy at Everton, but you're talking about rolling the dice in a qualifier for a chance to turn around the fortunes of the club. Finishing 4th is vastly superior to winning the FA Cup in the modern game whether we like it or not.

If Moyes turned this season round and finished 4th, my opinion of him would complete reverse and I'd hail him as a genius.

It won't happen like because he's not a genius :lol: But anyone saying they wouldn't forgive him based on this hypothetical question if we went on a nine game winning streak now are being a bit silly.

No it doesn't mean that at all. It means I wouldn't forgive him this latest disappointment as another is more than likely just around the corner.

Finishing fourth is nowhere near as valuable as winning the FA Cup. Qualifying for the CL is. Even if we finish fourth the evidence suggests he couldn't jump the last hurdle and get us in proper. You'd go from adulation to disillusionment within three months.

I'd love to finish fourth but I wouldn't let his bottling slip my mind because of it.

I wouldn't hail anyone anything for coming fourth either, unless they done it with the squad he done it with last time. Those days are long gone.

Clear mind? Even thinking about about Everton's remaining games makes me feel sick.

Beat City and get back on track ffs please

Everything rides on Saturday. This game is the blueprint for all that follows. Nothing but a blood and guts performance and subsequent win will do end of story

CL still a possibility?

I'll have some of what you're smoking mate, it must be good gear.

So although it's a moot point, would I forgive last Saturday if it happened? Not a chance, that was a total debacle.

Haha every time there's an outrageous claim this is always someone's reaction

Technically we can still win the title. Likewise, we can also still be relegated.

But ridiculousness aside, in all probability, 6th is about the best we could hope for, not accounting for our tough fixture list.

We've got City, Spurs, QPR, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in our remaining 10 games.

Five of those are above us with something to fight for and QPR are in a real relegation battle at the moment.

On present form, I can see us picking up a maximum of 6 points from those which means that If we are entertaining any ideas of top 6, beating Fulham, West Ham, Sunderland and Stoke in our other games is an absolute MUST!

A win this weekend could set us on course for a late charge that pushes us into Europe. Likewise it could add to the dire atmosphere about the club and set the tone for a faltering finish which sees us finish in mid table.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah blah blah blah blah etc

the-king-e1346069045213.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back