2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron, why do you say Small is stalling have you heard something? He’s 16 so he cant sign a professional contract until he’s 17 even if he wanted to.
Well there have been reports that he hasn’t signed a contract that was offered with two or three prominent foreign clubs interested in his future, that’s all I know, so I hope you are correct and it is his age which has stopped him signing for the Blues.

Well there have been reports that he hasn’t signed a contract that was offered with two or three prominent foreign clubs interested in his future, that’s all I know, so I hope you are correct and it is his age which has stopped him signing for the Blues.
Yeah we’ve had this in the past with the likes of Gordon, Simms, Dobbin before they signed , I’m never sure if it’s clever agents posting stories to increase their clients value , but there are usually three consistent teams interested time and time again Bayern, Juventus and Arsenal! Doesnt mean he still can’t chose to leave of course, it’s rumoured that Tom Cannon is not signing a contract offered him , and as he’s 18 there is no reason he shouldn’t sign if he wants to.

He represented England Under-17 on Tuesday.

Apparently because of Brexit he can't join a foreign club until he's 18.

Either hack journo rubbish or he's been tapped up.
Or he's seen we still have players in the U23s who take it as a literal cut off point. Did Unsworth really believe winning it with the oldest average age (twice) meant something?

Nobody over 21 should be playing U23 football unless they are returning from injury.

18-21 MUST be either loaned for competitive football, sold on OR regular bench for the first team.

I have no idea how good Small is, but if he's as talented as they say he needs to be playing something other than B team football from this August.

It's up to Brands and the rest of the staff to properly outline the plan Everton envisage for him.

Dortmund attract the cream of the talent because they show a pathway, another club in Germany are famous for developing keepers (I forget who.)

Everton academy need to be seen as a place where with talent AND application you are assured competitive football at the end of it. Not a place to go through the motions for 5/10 years only to end up and Morcombe as a trialist.

If we had a more rounded squad, we could probably afford to give these lads more minutes, unfortunately that's a whole other story.

The
Or he's seen we still have players in the U23s who take it as a literal cut off point. Did Unsworth really believe winning it with the oldest average age (twice) meant something?

Nobody over 21 should be playing U23 football unless they are returning from injury.

18-21 MUST be either loaned for competitive football, sold on OR regular bench for the first team.

I have no idea how good Small is, but if he's as talented as they say he needs to be playing something other than B team football from this August.

It's up to Brands and the rest of the staff to properly outline the plan Everton envisage for him.

Dortmund attract the cream of the talent because they show a pathway, another club in Germany are famous for developing keepers (I forget who.)

Everton academy need to be seen as a place where with talent AND application you are assured competitive football at the end of it. Not a place to go through the motions for 5/10 years only to end up and Morcombe as a trialist.

If we had a more rounded squad, we could probably afford to give these lads more minutes, unfortunately that's a whole other story.
Dortmund are Germany’s 2nd biggest team and could miss out on the champions league this season . Have won a few German cups in the last 10yrs but it’s 9 years since they won the title.

I don’t really know a lot about them, but maybe Klopp stopped the buying of teenagers and selling for profit 2 years later, to try and build a
Team. And maybe he got lucky that Bayern were going through a transition period. When he won back to back titles.

But as Germany’s 2nd biggest team, im
Sure the fans will soon get peed off with them not laying a glove on Bayern every year and struggling to get champions league qualification. To know they at least give youth a
Chance and have millions in the bank

I mean just to give some balance, we didn't win the league with the oldest squad the 1st season. This season we have one of the younger squads with lads from the 18's regularly getting game time.

We have also brought through a whole host of players from our 23's to get league action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back