Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Things people learned in Med Residency...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezzrow

I follow football to regulate excess serotonin.
Hours of fun here - just sent the link below by a mate yesterday, and I've been in tears working my way through.

Warning - a black hole for your day. It's like reading a long slow car crash.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/things-i-learn-from-my-patients.257985/

Examples? I'm so glad you asked.

Stay away from people named "Some Guy" or "This One Dude", because they for whatever reason, just punch someone in the face or hit them with a crowbar and run off. If I see them on the street, I cross the street to get away from them.

if the two dudes live in YOUR city, don't sit out on your front porch reading the bible and minding your own business at 2 AM unless you are praying to be shot

Never, ever leave flashlights, shampoo bottles, beer bottles or any long, circular object on the floor because someday you will fall on it and it will somehow, work its way up your rectum.

Always wait until finishing your woodwork with the skilsaw prior to using your meth.

never leave your last refill of percocet in plain site after your docs office closes if one of these 3 friends is coming over for dinner:
1. some dude
2. my friend
3. that b***h

If you are prone to dystonic reactions and are stealing your roommates meds. Make sure you can tell valium from haldol. Take a look at the two in the PDR. It is amazing how similar they are.

Latex paint, despite being thick and creamy, does not coat your stomach and provide the same relief as pepto bismol.

If you are a 70 year old man with COPD, and you want to clean the toilet really well, go ahead and mix the ammonia and bleach. Most of us learned not to do this before the onset of pubescence, but give it a try regardless! Later, after the paramedic has successfully conducted a RSI intubation in the ambulance, make sure your family speaks up for you in the ED. They are there to advocate for you on the most pressing and salient issues. Have them go right up to the ED attending, and demand that, if they don't find the patient's missing dentures right now, the doc and paramedics are buying him a new set. Hint: they should demand this while standing in front of the ventilator (the patient's only earthly connection with an oxygen satuaration >70%).

This is just a few from page one. There are 78 pages. Enjoy.

Hours of fun here - just sent the link below by a mate yesterday, and I've been in tears working my way through.

Warning - a black hole for your day. It's like reading a long slow car crash.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/things-i-learn-from-my-patients.257985/

Examples? I'm so glad you asked.

Stay away from people named "Some Guy" or "This One Dude", because they for whatever reason, just punch someone in the face or hit them with a crowbar and run off. If I see them on the street, I cross the street to get away from them.

if the two dudes live in YOUR city, don't sit out on your front porch reading the bible and minding your own business at 2 AM unless you are praying to be shot

Never, ever leave flashlights, shampoo bottles, beer bottles or any long, circular object on the floor because someday you will fall on it and it will somehow, work its way up your rectum.

Always wait until finishing your woodwork with the skilsaw prior to using your meth.

never leave your last refill of percocet in plain site after your docs office closes if one of these 3 friends is coming over for dinner:
1. some dude
2. my friend
3. that b***h

If you are prone to dystonic reactions and are stealing your roommates meds. Make sure you can tell valium from haldol. Take a look at the two in the PDR. It is amazing how similar they are.

Latex paint, despite being thick and creamy, does not coat your stomach and provide the same relief as pepto bismol.

If you are a 70 year old man with COPD, and you want to clean the toilet really well, go ahead and mix the ammonia and bleach. Most of us learned not to do this before the onset of pubescence, but give it a try regardless! Later, after the paramedic has successfully conducted a RSI intubation in the ambulance, make sure your family speaks up for you in the ED. They are there to advocate for you on the most pressing and salient issues. Have them go right up to the ED attending, and demand that, if they don't find the patient's missing dentures right now, the doc and paramedics are buying him a new set. Hint: they should demand this while standing in front of the ventilator (the patient's only earthly connection with an oxygen satuaration >70%).

This is just a few from page one. There are 78 pages. Enjoy.

Well another professor of life came through last night and bestowed some wisdom on me which I'll share. No matter how annoyed you are at being incarcerated dont slash open your scrotum and shove razor blades up your urethra. Now I know, who among us hasn't thought wistfully of doing that but it turns out that it's not a good idea.

kEK_Mc.gif

Barrels of fun.... first one swallows a load of coke and had a seizure after being chased by Police, second one swallowed 16 grams of meth when pulled over by Police and died enroute to the hospital . One thing noticeable in the two I looked at is the presence of Police though, everything woulda been sweet if they hadn't been involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back