Thomas Meunier

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can attract Digne, signing Meunier isn't at all outlandish.

He has been quoted as saying he would consider taking a step down to secure regular first-team football.

Would be a very decent signing, good age, good experience, physically imposing, and seems available for a reasonable fee.

Some direct quotes:

Meunier, 27, has another year on his current deal and has made it clear he wants to remain with the French champions, but with PSG set to spend big again this summer, his future looks uncertain.

He told Canal+: “As I have said, nothing is clear, with regards to me or the club.

“People are enquiring, left and right, but I still have another year on my contract.

“The club knows my position, I have always said that I want to stay.

“Aside from that, do I suit them or not, do they want to change the Paris cycle a bit?

“Nothing is clear for the moment and we are going to see a little what happens.

“I think that I will receive news during the holidays.”

Would be a ridiculously good signing. I can see bigger clubs than us being in for him. Full backs of that quality are rare.

Is he really all that good? Can’t say I’ve ever noticed him set the world alight when I’ve watched games with him playing in.

I will hold off for now

To be honest we’re a better team then them at the moment mate

@GrandOldTeam dear eggs seems to have hit upon a stella idea.

Its hard to say with sources, you know you have the staples, the Joyces, the Hunters, but then the last few windows others have popped up with "first scoops", so its not an exact science for sure.

The only times you can say 100% whether we will sign a player or not, is if he signs or the window closes.

But in my very humble opinion, the majority of European news agencies chat even more wham than the british tabloids, especially the bloody French and Italian, they are defo the wham kings.

A question more for @GrandOldTeam, but how do you feel about having a separate transfer section? Just in the off season, then it wouldnt really matter how many player threads were created and we wouldnt have pages upon pages of clowns like me discussing the merits of whether we should have a thread or not or how good the sources in France are.

I know its been discussed in the past and I assume its to do with not wanting to take away traffic from the main forum or something, I dunno, just a question anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.