Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for Evertonians today:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tim-howard-likes-English-money - 5341335

Everton keeper Tim Howard has no intention of joining the great MLS goals rush.

The American keeper, who has spent the last 11 years in the Premier League after joining Manchester United from the MetroStars, is planning to retire when his contract at Goodison ends in 2018.

"I feel strong. I have got the fire in my belly. But I have three years left and then I finish. That's it.

"But I think it would be crazy to talk about leaving this club.

"The chairman pays me very well and it would be silly to talk about other teams."
Give us a bottle of bleach - it will sell out fast with this news!

Fumed at this me.

I don't like him but you don't do stuff like that. Tit.

READ THIS - he should be able to stop the shots with his big head!

Tim Howard has shrugged off criticism of his performances this season, insisting that he doesn't care what people say about him or the team as a whole.

The American has had a poor season by his standards, following up his headline-grabbing displays for the US national team at the World Cup with a number of individual errors at club level that had some fans calling on Roberto Martinez to give his understudy, Joel Robles, a run in the side.

A calf injury that Howard sustained on Boxing Day forced the manager's hand and Robles seized the opportunity, demonstrating stability and dependency between the posts that included three successive clean sheets.

Somewhat controversially, Martinez restored Howard to the starting role as soon as he regained fitness but without a clean sheet of his own in the Premier League since November, the 36 year-old remains under scrutiny.

“I think ‘To hell with the criticism',” he says in the Liverpool Echo. “I give my heart and soul to this club, to my career.

“That is what is important. I am not really fussed what people say about me or this team or the coaching staff.

“It doesn't matter. I come to work every day. It is not something that affects me and the morale has been great within the dressing-room, so it's not a concern.”

Martinez has cited Howard's experience and importance in the dressing room as the overriding reason why he walked back into the starting XI despite his apparent drop-off in form but the former Manchester United 'keeper says that he isn't concerned with statistics until the end of the season.

“I don't [focus on numbers], I usually wait until the end of the season, figure it out, see the stats, think it was better than last year, worse than last year, better than years in the past.

“I don't know, it is not something I am going to worry about.”

Howard is equally dismissive of talk of a relegation struggle engulfing the club. The Blues will kick off against Newcastle just three points above the relegation zone and mired amongst a number of clubs who have changed managers this season to try and get out of their respective crises.

He is has faith that the character that exists in the Everton team will enough to haul themselves away from any danger at the bottom.

“Well, we're not [in a relegation battle],” Howard retorted. “Am I looking up the table? Of course.

“It is traumatic and I get that. People want to talk about it, have a beer in the pub and it is all about how dangerous it all is.

“It's not. We get two wins on the bounce and we are straight up there. It is a tough league and teams below us have all it to do as well. So no we're not worried about that.”

"I look at is the character of the guys. No one goes AWOL, everyone trains hard, guys are happy to see each other every day and guys put in the effort.

“We have never had an issue in the dressing room so that is a positive."

READ THIS - he should be able to stop the shots with his big head!

Tim Howard has shrugged off criticism of his performances this season, insisting that he doesn't care what people say about him or the team as a whole.

The American has had a poor season by his standards, following up his headline-grabbing displays for the US national team at the World Cup with a number of individual errors at club level that had some fans calling on Roberto Martinez to give his understudy, Joel Robles, a run in the side.

A calf injury that Howard sustained on Boxing Day forced the manager's hand and Robles seized the opportunity, demonstrating stability and dependency between the posts that included three successive clean sheets.

Somewhat controversially, Martinez restored Howard to the starting role as soon as he regained fitness but without a clean sheet of his own in the Premier League since November, the 36 year-old remains under scrutiny.

“I think ‘To hell with the criticism',” he says in the Liverpool Echo. “I give my heart and soul to this club, to my career.

“That is what is important. I am not really fussed what people say about me or this team or the coaching staff.

“It doesn't matter. I come to work every day. It is not something that affects me and the morale has been great within the dressing-room, so it's not a concern.”

Martinez has cited Howard's experience and importance in the dressing room as the overriding reason why he walked back into the starting XI despite his apparent drop-off in form but the former Manchester United 'keeper says that he isn't concerned with statistics until the end of the season.

“I don't [focus on numbers], I usually wait until the end of the season, figure it out, see the stats, think it was better than last year, worse than last year, better than years in the past.

“I don't know, it is not something I am going to worry about.”

Howard is equally dismissive of talk of a relegation struggle engulfing the club. The Blues will kick off against Newcastle just three points above the relegation zone and mired amongst a number of clubs who have changed managers this season to try and get out of their respective crises.

He is has faith that the character that exists in the Everton team will enough to haul themselves away from any danger at the bottom.

“Well, we're not [in a relegation battle],” Howard retorted. “Am I looking up the table? Of course.

“It is traumatic and I get that. People want to talk about it, have a beer in the pub and it is all about how dangerous it all is.

“It's not. We get two wins on the bounce and we are straight up there. It is a tough league and teams below us have all it to do as well. So no we're not worried about that.”

"I look at is the character of the guys. No one goes AWOL, everyone trains hard, guys are happy to see each other every day and guys put in the effort.

“We have never had an issue in the dressing room so that is a positive."

I read that last night after the Echo tweeted.

To hell with you Tim Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back