Tim Howard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, I do think Howard is a good goalkeeper, certainly better than we have had recently. However I find it increasingly alarming that the opposition, particularly last night, are tactically putting him as our weak link. They are obviously seeing something that perhaps our blue-tinted specs are not, what do others think? and could there be someone else to bring in, if there are any doubts. SAF let him go and, as we found out with Richard Wrong, good managers don't let good players leave.

Not sure about our weakest link!

He does have some interesting ticks and mannerisms though that come out when he is under stress.
If you watch the game last night, after every save he makes he runs out screaming at everyone, but actually not at anyone and the backline carry on sorting themselves out regardless as though they are used to it and let him get it out of his system. He then settles back and does some strange thing with his neck and blinking for a bit.
Odd that.

routine, preparedness and concentration. after the oppositions attack has finished he resets himself. in terms concentration it must be the most difficult position on the pitch as actual time involved with play is often fleeting, and the energy levels required to be fully absorbed in the game as well as aware of positioning must take a lot of practice to obtain.

routine, preparedness and concentration. after the oppositions attack has finished he resets himself. in terms concentration it must be the most difficult position on the pitch as actual time involved with play is often fleeting, and the energy levels required to be fully absorbed in the game as well as aware of positioning must take a lot of practice to obtain.

Spot on there, keeping yourself fully concertrated for 90mins is a killer. After you finish a game in goal your body can feel fine, by god do you wanna sleep! Most keepers organise their back four, shout man on, and generally be loud just to keep themselves in the game, it really helps.

I think now Howard is playing all the time he has improved since joining. Bar David James, he is the most athletic keeper around. I also think hes done well with the pressure of what he has had to follow at the two clubs. You get a team who have a keeper like Southall/Schmeicel, it always seems that that team are always looking for someone just as good. Hard to follow a legend. Hope that makes sense!?

Tim Howard. My dad hates him I love him. He's a fantastic goalkeeper of the highest quality. Good in the air, Shot stopper and he got a real personality. The squad seem to like him and well Davey Moyes loves him.

Best keeper we've had scince Nigel Martyn, Southall...

But Martyn still kicks his arse :)
Listen to you dad he knows bestlol

Status
Not open for further replies.