Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching that game, I thought it would be a massive opportunity for Everton to really push on in terms of popularity in the States.

Unfortunately, it really does demonstrate USA's apathy towards the game of football that Everton have only picked up about 1000 twitter followers since the match last night - which is only fractionally more than the general rate of growth has been over the last 3 months :(

I think i agree with what a lot have said on here already - never a better time to sell him.

I think we could get 5-7mill for him. That would really mitigate the Lukaku fee.

Yeah and leave us weak at the back, last season Howard was one of our best players, the type of money it would cost to replace him we just dont have. Selling Howard to get Lukaku would weaken the team, no point in having good players going forward if you got nothing at the back

moq3hgN.jpg

Watching that game, I thought it would be a massive opportunity for Everton to really push on in terms of popularity in the States.

Unfortunately, it really does demonstrate USA's apathy towards the game of football that Everton have only picked up about 1000 twitter followers since the match last night - which is only fractionally more than the general rate of growth has been over the last 3 months :(
My twitter newsfeed is actually buzzing with Tim Howard tweets like. So so so many. I don't know we're doing enough like, surely 10% off Tim Howard jerseys would be a start?

My twitter newsfeed is actually buzzing with Tim Howard tweets like. So so so many. I don't know we're doing enough like, surely 10% off Tim Howard jerseys would be a start?
agree, there's shed loads of attention going towards Tim, but the US fans (in the majority - obviously not ALL of them) don't seem to care enough to make the link between Howard and paying attention to/supporting Everton.

agree, there's shed loads of attention going towards Tim, but the US fans (in the majority - obviously not ALL of them) don't seem to care enough to make the link between Howard and paying attention to/supporting Everton.
I got it. FREE Shipping to the states when you order a Tim Howard Jersey. Perfecto. Hire me Everton, marketing consultant

Exactly, or discounted delivery to the states on shirts. The marketing has been embarrassing. I follow a lot of yanks on twitter who have nothing to do with football/everton and they were all talking about Tim Howard. In fact there's still tweets being pushed out at the moment about Howard. By the time the marketing department realises it'll be way too late.

However, they WILL search for him, and they WILL come across the name Everton.

I just don't understand why Everton's twitter and Facebook arn't going off right now, whoever is in charge of Social Media should have been on it all last night after the match and this morning as of 9 AM EST instead of sending out one tweet to US supporters at 4 AM EST when everyone was still asleep.

I just don't understand why Everton's twitter and Facebook arn't going off right now, whoever is in charge of Social Media should have been on it all last night after the match and this morning as of 9 AM EST instead of sending out one tweet to US supporters at 4 AM EST when everyone was still asleep.

They posted on FB as well. I shared it, and I've been spreading the good word.

However, they WILL search for him, and they WILL come across the name Everton.
Club should still be pushing this connection rather than expecting people to make it themselves. Hopefully they'll use this as a springboard, but ideally they'd be on top of it right now - in a few days most of America will forget about this, so it's important to create the Howard/Everton connection in its mind now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back