Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be on, someone hold me

giphy.gif

Some tit on the wind up on twitter that mate.
not quite

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/russell-griffiths-says-ready-called-8499149

Russell Griffiths says he is ready if called upon for Everton FC
  • BY PHIL KIRKBRIDE
Academy goalkeeper currently understudy to Joel Robles

griffiths.jpg

Understudy goalkeeper Russell Griffiths says he will be “ready” if called upon by Everton FC.
Injury to Tim Howard means the Academy keeper finds himself as backup to Joel Robles.
Griffiths, 18, has been on the bench for Roberto Martinez’s first-team since the game with Newcastle United at the end of December.
And with No.1 Howard still out with a calf strain, Griffiths knows he is only an injury or suspension to Robles away from being thrust into the senior limelight.
“I’ve got to keep my focus and concentration at all times,” Griffiths said.
“If the call comes, then I have to be ready.”
Martinez is scouring the transfer market to see if he can boost the squad with the signing of a senior goalkeeper.
But the Blues boss is refusing to panic buy in January and happy for Griffiths to provide back-up to Robles.
“I set myself the target to get on the bench for the first-team and I’ve accomplished it,” said the teenage keeper.
“It’s been a nice start to the year for me.
“I was at the Stoke game when Tim unfortunately got injured and I then got the call to say I would be with the first-team. I have been training with them since, preparing for the games and travelling with the team.
“It’s been brilliant being part of the squad and I feel really privileged to have been on the bench.
“Each day you learn something new from training with the first-team. It’s been a fast-tracked experience and development.”

Last edited:
not quite

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/russell-griffiths-says-ready-called-8499149

• 16:08, 22 JAN 2015
  • UPDATED 16:28, 22 JAN 2015
  • BY PHIL KIRKBRIDE

griffiths.jpg

Understudy goalkeeper Russell Griffiths says he will be “ready” if called upon by Everton FC.
Injury to Tim Howard means the Academy keeper finds himself as backup to Joel Robles.
Griffiths, 18, has been on the bench for Roberto Martinez’s first-team since the game with Newcastle United at the end of December.
And with No.1 Howard still out with a calf strain, Griffiths knows he is only an injury or suspension to Robles away from being thrust into the senior limelight.
Martinez is scouring the transfer market to see if he can boost the squad with the signing of a senior goalkeeper.
But the Blues boss is refusing to panic buy in January and happy for Griffiths to provide back-up to Robles.
“I set myself the target to get on the bench for the first-team and I’ve accomplished it,” said the teenage keeper.
“I was at the Stoke game when Tim unfortunately got injured and I then got the call to say I would be with the first-team. I have been training with them since, preparing for the games and travelling with the team.
“It’s been brilliant being part of the squad and I feel really privileged to have been on the bench.
“Each day you learn something new from training with the first-team. It’s been a fast-tracked experience and development.”
jan 15

not quite

• BY PHIL KIRKBRIDE

griffiths.jpg

When was Tim Howard "still out with a calf strain"?

not quite

• BY PHIL KIRKBRIDE

griffiths.jpg

Read the date mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back