Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that this matters, in that the result is ultimately determined by the sum of the parts. West Brom 'mare excluded, they've been nearly impossible to score on.

I'd also take those Chelsea odds.

I feel like this gets decided by meta factors - does Chelsea have enough left in the tank and stay healthy after grinding out top 4 and a cup final, does someone gift Pep with the method for breaking down Chelsea in that run, and does City stay sharp after three and a half weeks of nothing to play for? A single United draw or City win with a half-strength side ends the league, so I'm sure they'll be instructed that the first order of business is 'don't get hurt'.
Chelsea have difficult fixtures in the PL. They'll need to use a lot of energy up. City my have too much time on their hands. It's an interesting point.

I just believe that both teams have players that are very evenly matched in their respective positions, where you can't just definitively say that a specific Chelsea player would get into City's team or vice versa. But your first sentence shows that either you're very biased or you haven't thought hard enough about your football opinion.

City have KDB who is pretty much their crown jewel of their team, something that Chelsea lack and that's the sort of player that Chelsea need to buy, if they are to match Man City in the long run. But to say that only Kante gets into the City's team is misleading as f"ck. Chelsea's fullbacks are arguably better than what Man City have, for starters. Ederson and Mendy are very evenly matched. Stones probably wouldn't even get into the Chelsea line-up. I don't even think Bernardo would get into Chelsea's current setup. Mason Mount and Phil Foden are very evenly matched. Chelsea's front line of Havertz, Pulisic, Mount is just as good as City's front line of Mahrez, Bernardo, Foden.
Thanks for being patronising, great way to start a debate. I guess I could go through every City and Chelsea player and say which I think is better and why but there is no point.

I guess just look at the table. Look at what City have done this season.

As I said, I disagree with you but these are just opinions. I have mine and you have yours.

The only one I will really push back on is Mount being evenly matched to Foden. Mount is a wonderful player and I love watching him. I'm very excited to see what he can do for England in the Summer and beyond.

But Phil Foden (in my opinion) is an unbelievable talent that we probably haven't seen the likes of since Gazza.

Not generous enough on Chelsea. You have to pull the punters in. No one will take Chelsea at that price when City are clearly the best team on the continent right now.

I would imagine that it'll settle around 2/1. It will be very hard to balance the scales later if you give away the store on Chelsea now, so it makes sense to start conservative from an oddsmaker's perspective.

Not generous enough on Chelsea. You have to pull the punters in. No one will take Chelsea at that price when City are clearly the best team on the continent right now.
Chelsea were way better in this round of the competition and already beat City since changing managers.

Outside of KDB, the difference in the quality of the two sides is negligible at best.

Mendy = Ederson.
Chilwell and Cesar are better than Man City's fullbacks.
Kante Kovacic Jorginho are just as good as Man City's midfielders.
Mount is on the same level as Foden.
Defensively, Thiago Silva is more experienced than any City defender and Rudiger is a better defender than Stones, but Dias is probably slightly better than both.
Havertz, Pulisic, Mount and Werner are just as effective up front as Mahrez, Bernardo and Foden.

It's not about who gets in what team. A lot of City players wouldn't be getting in Chelsea's team either, like Ederson wouldn't be getting ahead of Mendy for example. It's about the overall quality and the quality is negligible, if we remove KDB from the conversation.

The huge issue is that this Chelsea team hugely underperformed under a rookie manager previously and it's making people doubt the true quality of this Chelsea side, to the point it's being overexaggerated.
City went unbeaten for around 13 games when de bruyne was missing, city are obviously the better team.

I have more City mates so I'm more biased towards them plus the RS would lose the plot.

In terms of best XI, I'd say City edge that by 8 to 3:
Ederson
Walker
Dias
Silva
Canelo
Kante
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Mount
Foden

It will be a good game on the weekend but I'd say City will rotate alot like they did against Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back