• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Of course it is, and as I said I understand the rule and the difficulties. Yet, that doesn't negate that some offside decisions are easy to call even for the officials.

If it's an obvious offside call, the emphasis should be on the linesman to flag it or that's my take on it. If there's any uncertainty, leave it.

That’s what the rule used to be before VAR though, and was how we had loads of false offsides.

There is no perfect application of the rules due to human error, so unless we apply technology directly as with goal line decisions, it’s a redundant debate.

Ffs city need to win this is a game in hand over the RS.Only put this game on when the Newcastle player slipped and city could have gone 2up, within 2minutes 2 quality goals they’re 2-1 down and could have been more,

City have been far too soft this season. Nowhere near the ruthless City they've been for the last few years.
Mahrez and Gundoğan leaving with De Bruyne being injured has taken a lot away from their attack, technically and in terms of experience.

The likes of Alvarez, Doku and Nunes aren't to the same calibre; Kovacic is a good player, but I don't know if he brings what Gundoğan did.

Defensively, they look a completely different entity. Ederson has had five clean sheets in the league this year after over half the season - only 1 in 4.

Ffs city need to win this is a game in hand over the RS.Only put this game on when the Newcastle player slipped and city could have gone 2up, within 2minutes 2 quality goals they’re 2-1 down and could have been more,
They will be out of it if they don't win IMO, the RS can go 8 points ahead of them when the play Bournemouth next week otherwise.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back